Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Banned

10-11-2004, 11:48 PM   #1

showing cats

Does anyone actually show their cat/s on catpages ?
If so what exactly is involved?
I show both my dogs but wouldnt have a clue as to whats expected at a cat show

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Bengal
Azz is Male
11-11-2004, 01:04 AM   #2

Re: showing cats

i've never been to a dog show so dont kno what goes on there!

Been to a couple of Cat shows tho

Not sure what goes on 'judging wise' tho! I just like to see all the stunning cats!

Heather might know - where are u Heather!?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Is owned by Persians
11-11-2004, 07:51 PM   #3

Hi ,i show dogs also and have taken up cat showing.The entries are basically the same.Your cat is vetted in by a vet and if they find ear mites you are dissqualified and you need to take with you full vaccination with you.They dont do that with the dogs.The only thing about cat shows i dont like is the pens are small and you have to leave while judging takes place.Graet if its a saturday as you can go to nearest town and shop,but ive been in the middle of no where and had to sit in the car for hours.Haveing said that its great fun ,dont take it to seriously(enjoy for what it is) and like dog shows you need a thick skin
Sam and the gang

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-11-2004, 07:53 PM   #4

Sorry can't help Lel.....I've only got a moggy.....but she is loved just as much as any other cat!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Bengal
Azz is Male
12-11-2004, 06:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonedek
Hi ,i show dogs also and have taken up cat showing.The entries are basically the same.Your cat is vetted in by a vet and if they find ear mites you are dissqualified and you need to take with you full vaccination with you.They dont do that with the dogs.The only thing about cat shows i dont like is the pens are small and you have to leave while judging takes place.Graet if its a saturday as you can go to nearest town and shop,but ive been in the middle of no where and had to sit in the car for hours.Haveing said that its great fun ,dont take it to seriously(enjoy for what it is) and like dog shows you need a thick skin
Sam and the gang
didnt knwo they made u leave completely! Id be scared they might hurt my baby!

Almost a Veteran Member

12-11-2004, 09:46 PM   #6

Yes you have to leave while judging goes on.your not allowed to watch.However your cats are very safe because of all the stewards there.There shouldnt be anyone else in the show when judging is going on so they know who shouldnt be there.Thats the only down side to showing cats,totally different to dogs
Sam

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-11-2004, 10:18 PM   #7

Quite strict aren't they

Almost a Veteran Member

12-11-2004, 11:06 PM   #8

it is strict,but its there for the saftey of the cats and the exhibitor.Its a shame there not like it with the dogs.No proof of vaccination or vetting in at dog shows.And dogs have been stolen from dog shows.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
18-12-2004, 04:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonedek
it is strict,but its there for the saftey of the cats and the exhibitor.Its a shame there not like it with the dogs.No proof of vaccination or vetting in at dog shows.And dogs have been stolen from dog shows.
and some dogs even get druged

i hope to star showing Mittens next year. but will have to find 1 that is not to far away. i know you had to leave but how long far?

Almost a Veteran Member

18-12-2004, 06:44 PM   #10

you normally leave for a few hours but it depends on the show.We all get together in the back of a van and have a picnic.Its great fun