Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #1

Totally Thursday

Late Daily again! Hope everyone's out enjoying pleasant weather if they're not at work. We had a brief mini-January thaw yesterday, made it up to 12 C, almost tropical after the unrelenting cold. It's sunny and 1 C now, snow tonight, but very light. No errands, a lie in, grocery delivery this afternoon.

Hope all are well .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #2

Re: Totally Thursday

Afternoon all,
i guess everyone is busy. Just got back from a busy day, have good news which i will put in a seperate thread
Got a phone call this afternoon to tell me my hours are reduced from 9 to 6 hours
My contract ends in March and i have to go to a meeting on Jan 3st to discuss the future. Think i need to get looking for other employment.

Catsey Veteran

20-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #3

Hi, Shelley; we posted at the same time! Perhaps one of the Mods will be kind enough to merge the threads.......????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #4

Hi Eileen and Shelley (on the other thread!) Wasn't sure which one to join ..........

OH and I have been out for a walk at Sidlesham today. Very cold, but dry. Took the binoculars and saw Shellduck, Widgeon and a Pintail duck. Lots of other birds that were too far away to identify properly.

We sat on a nice bench to eat our sandwiches which were very nearly nabbed by a HUGE mastiff called Humphrey. Pleasant owner came up smartly and said "I wondered why he speeded up!" Only damage was a bit of slobber on one of OH's gloves - it was cold enough to try eating with gloves on. A wee while later a couple came along with a miniature Schnauzer and we made friends. I am in love and told OH that if we are to have a dog it has to be a min Schnauzer or nothing. Came home, found a breeder on the Kennel Club site in Chichester with ? a litter born late November. Tried phoning and have emailed. Keep your fingers crossed please everyone. I am a complete dog novice, but OH has had dogs all his life until we married. I have no worries about Pip - he has made friends with the little terrier next door. Little less sure about Kizzy's reaction, but we'll cross that bridge when needed.

So excitement here.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
20-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #5

I wondered what happened when the daily was posted by two different people at the one time!!!

How exciting Angie! Sounds like a great day!

Quietish here again. Work, where I ended up having a mix of work and no work, home and a few bits and bobs, though quiet compared to the last few days, not long had evening meal... And now am off til Tues! Nice!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #6

How exciting Angie, i hope everything works out and you hear back from the breeder. Keep us posted, my aunt has a minature schnauzer called Guy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #7

Wow see what happens when you go to work...Angie gets a dog.

All action at your end then. From my limited knowledge of MS they are very animal friendly dogs, and I think they would blend in well pups are usually very adaptable.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
20-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #8

evening all! keeping my fingers crossed for you angie

work today, blah, moany old woman shouting down phone at me, whatever. of course its my fault the dr's didnt send your prescription over! lol

after eating a meagre 600 cals all day, i blew it by having chips and gravy from chinese for dinner, oh well needs must!!
its icy and freezing again down here, or up for some of you! been very foggy aswell. heatings on! going up to play with ratties, then watching some tv!

Catsey Veteran

20-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #9

Very exciting about the puppy possibility ... but do wonder how Kizzy will react! Hopefully she'll let it be known that cats rule!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Very exciting about the puppy possibility ... but do wonder how Kizzy will react! Hopefully she'll let it be known that cats rule!

Look how good Elaines Bernie and Millicent, coped, with the pup. Its common sense, best of luck. Check out what "mini's are prone to Angie and check out the breeder.