Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-06-2009, 11:03 PM   #81

Re: Kitten prices

I recently ehard of a person with 3 pregant females all in the same house, she was going to buy a new kitchen when she sold the kittens!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-06-2009, 11:43 PM   #82

Almost makes you want to cry, doesn't it, Moli? Sickening, so sad ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-06-2009, 11:51 PM   #83

Everytime she wants something her 3 cats have kittens,its terrible, those poor girls!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
19-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #84

Tigger was free from someone my auntie knew. Leo was £70 from a not nice animal shelter and Jake was a weak n skinny stray so we adopted him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
19-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #85

Charkie my first cat I rescued of a farm as a kitten and I didn`t pay anything for him, he was a big gorgeous tabby cat, who I sadly lost at the too young age of 8 yrs old , still miss him terribly.
Maxi and Maisy I bought for £375 from a Maine Coon breeder.

Don`t think I would stand much of a chance in getting a cat then from CP, from what I have read as I am a childminder with children of various ages coming and going.
Maxi and Maisy just love being around the children and are happy, well looked after, pampered kittys.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1x Sphynx, 2x DLH, 5x DSH
19-07-2009, 04:18 AM   #86

OK... in the defence of our rescue centre... Devils Advocate here... but this does not follow with all 'animal rescue' centres
  • We charge £50 adopation fee as standard which in no way re-coupes our outgoing spend (although your choosen cat/kitten may only be with us for a short period & requires no medical treatment ALL our monies are chaneled into the animals)
  • We do not have 'issues' with young children in fact we encourage families to have pets as we believe it makes for a more balanced & caring society!
  • If you wish to keep the cat as an indoor pet, that is your choice, as long as you provide it with love and activities!
  • The cat remains our property and as such we require proof of neutering (if necessary), vaccinations & insurance & if for ANY you can no longer support the animal it must be returned to us! The adoption fee is NOT refundable

We give free advice and always encourage new owners to join sites like this for support...

However we have discovered that if you give something away it is treated with NO respect and in this throw away society it is more likely to be dis-respected

OK ... rant over... anyone???? Now kitten prices in general.... people actually believe they will make money from their 'pets' but if you are caring for the mother - good quality kitten food, vaccinations up to date, worming etc - then looking after the litter - worming & flea treatments, good food again & general care etc then you won't make money unless you are charging a massive amount!!! And unfortunately some 'people' think thats all there 'pets' are good for.... personally I think if you need a license to drive or run a pub why not for having children or owning a pet....?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Charlie, the rescue kitten :)
20-07-2009, 01:38 PM   #87

We almost paid £80 for an 'accidenal' kitten without thinking anything of it. Until a switch flicked & I realised that if he was getting £80 x 5 kittens (£400!!!) then he'd obviously keep breeding her! So just in time we decided not to go ahead & got Charlie from a shelter. Its discusting, really X

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog
We almost paid £80 for an 'accidenal' kitten without thinking anything of it. Until a switch flicked & I realised that if he was getting £80 x 5 kittens (£400!!!) then he'd obviously keep breeding her! So just in time we decided not to go ahead & got Charlie from a shelter. Its discusting, really X
Well done you! If only more people realized that!!!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1x Sphynx, 2x DLH, 5x DSH
21-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #89

Good you made that decision Frog & Frog2!!

My only worry being what will he do with the kittens if he doesn't sell them.... there are bad people out there!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 B+W Moggies
05-08-2009, 11:30 PM   #90

Ive not got a cat, yet!

But I do have 4 rabbits 3 are second chancers and one is a rescue. I paid £45 for my rescue rabbit, he came neutered vaccedx2, vet checked and bunny runned to me. 2 of my buns came to me free, and I spend around £150 each to get the same as I did with my rescue.

The cat I am planning on getting, is free, and is just weaning her kittens (don't get me started!, apparently he's done me a favour!), but again, my local RSPCA is only open when I am at work, so it completely puts me out of the picture with them! There are a few others, but I have heard bad things about them.

I am very much into campaigning, or just shouting! on things that I think are wrong. I have put ads on my local gum tree explaining that the cost of moggies from back street breeders is far too much and to go to local rescues. I know it is hypocritical of me, but at the same time, I have looked into it and considered it as an option.

Anyway, sorry for the long first post