Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
12-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #381

Re: My Drawings of Cats

It' coming on brilliantly. Can't wait to see the finished pic.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-01-2006, 04:32 AM   #382

Ema, you are so talented; keep the drawings coming! How long is the waiting list now?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
15-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #383

awwwww these are great i think we ought to get azz to give Emma her own section for her drawings lol!!

Honestly these are great and the one of our bootsy is lovely!!! Thank you!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
15-01-2006, 05:33 PM   #384

Its coming on well now emma and looking fantastic, how long does it take you from start to finish?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
15-01-2006, 06:06 PM   #385

Dandysmom I still have quite a few to do

Thanks Tom for your kind comments I am hoping to get a lot more of Bootsy done next week

Deester the cats usually take anywhere between 8-15 hours depending on how big the drawing is (coloured pencils), pastels are about half of this time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-01-2006, 06:08 AM   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cat
awwwww these are great i think we ought to get azz to give Emma her own section for her drawings lol!!

Honestly these are great and the one of our bootsy is lovely!!! Thank you!
Tom Cat, maybe you were kidding, but seriously, I think that's a great idea!! This site has over 4,300 hits so far...azz, are you listening?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Maine Coon and Norwegian Forest
24-01-2006, 11:31 PM   #387

Hi everyone, I haven't been here for a couple of weeks but the progress with Emma's latest pic is fantastic! it looks great.
Can't wait to see where our Boston is in your list Emma, it will be even more special as we nearly lost him in November when he was hit by a car. Thankfully our vet is wonderful anad her put a cast on his broken vertebrae and with 8 weeks cage rest and lots and lots of TLC he is now fit and well and just getting back outside. it was a hard decision to make to let him out but he sooooo loves the outdoors he wouldn't have enjoyed life if I'd tried to make him into a house cat.
Anyway he's v well now and looking forward to having his pic hanging on the wall.
Cheers
MCS

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
25-01-2006, 04:06 AM   #388

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Tom Cat, maybe you were kidding, but seriously, I think that's a great idea!! This site has over 4,300 hits so far...azz, are you listening?
Poor Emma will be overwhelmed with painting requests

Seriously tho, I think there will come a time when Emma simply can't do everyone a painting because there will be too many members (Dogweb has over 2,ooo members and its not even 2 years old )

Perhaps I will have a talk with Emma and instead of people just cueing up for a painting, we simply run a monthly competition where the winner gets a painting, but for anyone who doesn't want to chance/wait 'to win' can buy a painting at a fair price, then Emma can choose to keep the money (which I think she'd deserve) or donate it - whichever she pleases.

I think Emmas doing a fab job but I do feel for her as I can imagine how much in demand her paintings are.... I mean who wouldn't want one of them, theyre ace!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-01-2006, 10:13 AM   #389

I agree with Az, Emma is going to be innundated with requests for drawings and must 'draw the line' somewhere....she seems too nice a person to be able to say 'sorry, I've got too many to do at the moment'!
Az has put forward a couple of good ideas, re a monthly competition to win a drawing and also a chance to purchase a drawing. Emma has got such a talent and I think she should be rewarded in some way.....either to be used towards all the materials she has to buy or as Az said, to donate it..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #390

Agree absolutely with Az and Mags.

I'm sure Emma enjoys her hobby but she needs time to herself - and she also needs to purchase her materials, which aren't cheap.
The competition idea is great.....................which is why Az is the boss and we are but happy drones!