Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
09-07-2020, 12:48 AM   #1

Stormy Thursday and all's well.

Good morning everyone. Thursday morning here and a rainy dull old day. We had torrential rain all through the night with high winds and my front door kept rattling, which was so annoying. ! After watching all those Criminal Minds episodes, I kept thinking that some homicidal maniac with a huge axe was trying to break in. When it's windy, I have to turn the security alarm off because it will alarm if the front door shakes. I really need to get a new, tighter fitting front door because I don't feel safe at night without the alarm on.

I'm really feeling a lot better now. Thanks for your kind wishes. I'd love to go out for a brisk walk, but not in this weather so I'll spend another day at home reading my book and watching another episode of Criminal Minds - I'm my own worst enemy ,aren't I ?

Michele came last night and gave Willie her injection, and told me she was too thin and to increase her food.I cut back on her food intake so she wouldn't get too heavy, thinking this would help her legs, but she's always really hungry so I'll start giving her a bit more food.She's also lost muscle tone in her back legs due to inactivity but poor Will can't walk well and her legs are sore and stiff so there's nothing that can be done. She's still happy, eating well and is presently looking out the security door, growling at cars going by.

Miracle does not have mange (thank goodness) and Michele doesn't think it's a flea allergy problem as we couldn't find any evidence of fleas on her at all.She thinks it's some skin infection and has put her on steroids to try and ease the itching. If there is no improvement ,she will need to do blood work and take skin scrapings. I'm going to have fun trying to get these pills into Miracle but I WILL do it. She was really angry that I picked her up last night and was hissing and lashing out at us.

PAMELA, hope work went well for you yesterday and I'm really pleased to hear that your migraines are less frequent now.I hope you are able to make those snuffle mats with that sore thumb. Your garden sounds beautiful with those solar lights and it will be extra special with the pond. No wonder you're excited. Just watch that your finger doesn't get infected coz then you'll be in trouble.It's lucky that you've got a spare room to make into an office for yourself.. It's always nice to have your own work space, you'll be able to keep all your work things together in one space and have fewer distractions..

SHELLEY lucky you getting a new mobile, even if it is your dad's old one.Yeah, my phone is also my daughter's old one too but it's fine.Hope your online Makaton course went well. It does sound interesting and it will certainly benefit you in your work.It's great that Eric is feeling more settled in care now and it will give him time to think about where he wants to go from there.That poor gentleman has been through so much, that he deserves to find some peace now. AND wee Nigel is improving. How wonderful. You're going to fall in love with that little guy when you see him ,Shelley. It's fantastic that he has such a loving home now and he'll be set for life (as every cat should be).

Well everyone, poor Janna is about to walk up to the vet clinic in all this rain to pick up Miracle's pills. Wish me luck in getting her to take them.I'll definitely be wearing gloves.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday and that your weather has improved so you're able to enjoy a bit of sunshine.

Stay safe and love to all Catsey cats, dogs and their guardians.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-07-2020, 06:30 PM   #2

Re: Stormy Thursday and all's well.

Evening all,
Been to work today and had a nice zoom session, had to finish early though as the two children couldn't stay awake, hope I didn't bore them,lol.
It was wonderful to see one of them spontaneously.
The Makaton course is going well, I finish stage 1 next week and hope to begin stage 2 and 3 next.
Dinky, poor old Willow and her stiff legs , good that she's happy, I'm sure she will appreciate more food like us all.
Probably Miracle is more bad tempered because she's itchy.
Pamela, how is your thumb today ?
Are the new fish doing well ?