Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #1

Daily Thread ~ Thursday

Just a quick post before I head off to the Hospital.
And just to put minds at rest, I'm not preggers!
I'm a midwife, so having babies is an occupational hazard.
Think I confused Meep on Monday, soz Meep xxx
The weather is quite grey and gloomy but dry at the mo.
Have a long learning day today, some pratical work then a study session. Off to make sarnies to take with me; credit crunch bites!
see you later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread ~ Thursday

Good morning PP - don't have too many babies today will you!
It's a decent morning but there is rain forecast for this afternoon.
The house has returned to normal after Chester's adventure of yesterday, although he is asleep under his blankie already, obviously not keen on going out.
I have an allotment meeting at the Town Hall this morning, then market, then to Smiths to purchase the Book Club choice. Other than that the day is my own till log delivery late this afternoon, so I may do a bit of extra physical jerks moving and stacking them. Add a Dinah walk and a bit of Catsey and that doesn't sound too bad a programme.
Hope everyone has a good peaceful day (unles you want excitement, in which case I'll wish you an exciting day)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
23-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #3

Morning all!!

Yes you guessed... I am still off work!!! Mumps has got to be so underestimated.... thats over two weeks now and still I am not sleeping through the night and still feel like I have been hit round the head with a baseball bat each morning.....

Anyone know what is the LONGEST anyone has suffered with this? Think I am close to the world record now...

Have a better day than me folks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #4

Poor Donna - you're an illustration of the fact that little ones should have 'illness parties' when one catches one of the 'childhood diseases', so they get it when their bodies seem better able to shrug it off.
I has chickenpox @ 14, not exactly adult but not little either. I was so ill, and spent 3 or 4 days delerious.

Anyway - hope you feel lots better very soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #5

Morning Ladies, wet and windy here....quite chilly too...
Have a dreaded trolley dash later....Nothing much happeneing....

Donna, hope you start feeling better soon...I had mumps as a child, and cannot really remember mumps about it....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
23-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #6

PP - my silly brain getting muddled, thanks for clarifying though I'd be sorely confused if every week you talked about a new arrival My grandma was a midwife, some wonderful stories, must be very rewarding!

Donna - sorry to hear you're not feeling any better. But I was surprised when work expected you back in after a few days. When I was at Uni we all got told to get mump vaccinations etc. as it was spreading like wildfire and the facts were posted up, one being that you get 'quarrintined' so to speak for at least 2 - 3 weeks if you have it as it takes that long to recover and it is contagious. I knew a girl who had it for about a month before they eased off. Sorry to be bearer of bad news But 2 weeks is the minimum, your work were being highly out-of-order expecting you back in in a few days. But do get better soon!

Donna, same here - very wet and stormy. A big wind whipping the rain around, not fun to walk to work in!

DM - can't wait to start reading for the Catsey Book Club I've just finished the Crimson Petal and the White, last night, and have SO many questions I need to discuss with people; will need to find a website for it. I can no longer access JSTOR or any journals that I had free access to as a student So can't wait to begin discussing some books on here!

It's just a normal day at work. Going to see 'Burn after Reading' tonight with a friend. It looks like my sort of humour (well, I actually don't discriminate against many movies apart from silly teen comedies like "Superhero Movie", and "Jackass"), and Brad Pitt's character looks very uncharacteristic for Brad from what I've seen of the trailers! So something to look forward to at the end of a long day

Have a lovely day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #7

Good morning all! Very dull and cold here with dark clouds threatening rain. I'm still driving on my space-saver tyre as the garage are trying to get the right tyre from West London for me (it looks like a tractor tyre sitting in my boot, it's huge)!!

Anyway, I'm fiddling around with stuff today, can't seem to get my brain in gear at all. I'm still a little concerned about Balie as although his runs have stopped he's still being sick . . . and it's food not just furballs. He seems a bit lethargic too - well more so that usual!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
23-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #8

I'm on nights again tonight

Taken Poppy for her fringe trimmed and a trip to get some bits from Asda (hate that shop) as i forgot them on my online Tesco order.

Tesco has been and now trying to get my wee pumpkin to nap whilst I do a bit of housework. Bought Milo a lovely dog bone but he is just looking at it and Belle is asleep on Millie's bed.

It's dark and windy here (the weather, not me) and is starting to drizzle. Another day for the tumbler I think

*sigh*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #9

Will your little one nap in the day? My 2 year old will do so at nursery but at home it's a 1/2 hour battle before he succumbs! And it's the only time I get to grab something to eat and re-load the washing machine. Oh roll on tomorrow

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
23-10-2008, 02:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Will your little one nap in the day? My 2 year old will do so at nursery but at home it's a 1/2 hour battle before he succumbs! And it's the only time I get to grab something to eat and re-load the washing machine. Oh roll on tomorrow
She won't nap. Didn't think she would. She was 2 in August and hasn't napped regular in the day for months. Daytime sleep has always been an uphill battle but night time she is fine.

I have given up on tidying and heading out with the mutt.