Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
23-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #11

Re: Gas Bills.....sit down before you open yours.

Luckily our flat has no gas. It's electric cooker, electric heating etc. So only electric bills we get. I also fixed my prices till 2009 with Scottish Power, and when we first set it up it was £39 a month I think, but that may go up as we start to use more electricity for the heating in the winter. I am worried about when the the fixed prices stop and we suddenly jump up! But we are still saving money now, which is a blessing.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
23-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #12

Re: Gas Bills.....sit down before you open yours.

Can I ask, in the long run regardless of whether you pay by DD or Quarterly Bills do you not end up paying the same amount (2% discount aside). I used to pay by Quarterly Bills right up until we went fixed price, which meant we had to go DD. But why is everyone wanting to go back to Quarterly Bills now the prices have gone up? Is it because they're charging more now, which may put you in credit later, but means it's more now? Sorry for confusion! As a new 'independent' adult this is a bit confusing to me still!