Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-10-2008, 06:23 AM   #1

Monday's Thread

Morning! Up early this morning to feed Fifi and Myshka as I've not left food down. Balie has a very upset tum (I had to wash his rear yesterday - poor love). He was sick too. I've just given him some washed, warmed up soft bits of our roast chicken from yesterday and will keep the biscuits away from him.

Today I have a 3 month review to do for a very truculent and 'know it all' junior member of staff' - I will remain professional but will make it very clear that I'm not happy with her performance at all. Later we have a 2nd interview for a much-needed sales person. And through all of it I STILL have my cold

Will be back on later from the office . . . can't report on the weather as yet as it's still very dark out

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
20-10-2008, 09:31 AM   #2

Re: Monday's Thread

Mornign Yola! You are an early riser this morning! And sounds like you're already really busy, hope you find an hour in the day for some rest and me-time, and feel better soon!

Poor Bailie, hope he feels better soon! One of my two was sick this morning too. I didn't see which one although I think it was Darcy as Minsky was chipper as ever but Darcy a bit quieter. I think it may be the Go-Cat I'm all worried now and not enjoying being at work, I just want to be home to make sure they're ok, but hopefully they are.

It's sunny here today, after a stormy weekend. Very bright autumnal sun.

Oh, and does anyone know when the clocks go back??

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #3

Morning! I'm not late getting up - we've done a big trolley dash this morning, so I've had fun packing it all away and shoe-horning stuff into the freezer.
Autumn is here with a vengance - it was very dark initially, started to brighten, the the weather closed in and it's darker than before!
Best wishes to sickly people and cats. Hope you improve as the day progresses.
I don't think I have anything exciting or interesting to say, so I'll head off and get that poll sorted for the book group.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #4

Morning Ladies....Beautiful here this morning, the kittens slept all night and are now tucking into there mid morning meal....Then they have an hours playtime....
Nothing much planned today, apart from the vet with Mollie, she has very smelly ears! I have been cleaning them daily, but think she needs more than cleaner...she will wallow in mucky water!!
Then will probably spend time kittn playing..
Have a lovely day all....
Oh and get some pictures of the little family!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-10-2008, 10:30 AM   #5

Very gloomy and dark here this morning. It has rained and I think there's more on the way. Keeping the lights on!

Sorry to hear about Balie and Darcy being sick - it is worrying. Darcy will be fine meep - try not to worry about him. I'm sure cats just "upchuck" sometimes to make sure their 2-legs are kept on their toes! Merlin has completely gone off both the Iams Senior food and the k/d diet and is back on Felix supermeat! At least he has eaten.

Sorry to hear that you still are suffering Yola - have you tried echinacea? Sounds as if you've really got run down. Hope you feel better soon.

DM - what a busy morning you've had already. Good luck with the book poll - there are so many books, don't know how we're going to choose. I still think it would be better to get those interested to nominate 2 books and take the poll from there. You're making more work for yourself!

Moli - hope you have a lovely day with those kittens. Please don't forget those photos!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
20-10-2008, 10:32 AM   #6

Hello ladies! tis a bleak day here today, the rain has eased off but its damp and grey outside. No leaves falling just soggy ones underfoot. You Scottish lassies have it the best it seems
Meep, the clocks go back on Satirday night/Sunday morning about 2am I know coz I'll be doing a night shift and have to work an hour extra !
Yola, get some Vit C and echinacea/garlic down you for that cold.
No plans just work on my assignment and washing/drying.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
20-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #7

Morning all,

Cold and windy here today... but tucked up indoors warm... still of work... didnt realise how bad having mumps was! Not too bad during day but am in a lot of pain at night so not sleeping much. Off to doctors again today, if nothing else just to get a note to sign me off work for longer...

Take care all x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #8

Poor Donna - I must have missed you saying that you had mumps. None of the 'childhood illnesses' are easy when you are adult. Just be grateful you're not a chap I guess - they can really suffer

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
20-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #9

Thanks for clock info PP! Sorry to hear you're working through it, but does it not mean an extra hour in bed for you still? And do you get paid for that extra hour even though it gets lost in the folds of time?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
20-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #10

No Meep, unfortunately I get to do the extra hour, as the clock goes back so I still finish at my usual time (8am)and get my sleep back in the day, then off to work at 9pm as usual on Sunday. I don't get paid the extra hour either. The only way I can get even is to work next Spring on the Saturday night the clocks go forward ! but the rota never seems to fall that way
I'll just hope I'm busy with a new baby coming into the world then time will go quicker