Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
19-10-2008, 10:50 AM   #1

Daily Thread - Sunday

Morning all! I woke up to the sound of rain battering against the window and the wind whipping round the trees. Stormy indeed! I do love an autumnal storm, when I'm safe and warm inside that it is Puts my idea for a walk round the park down the tubes though.

I managed to sleep in longer than planned. Set the alarm for 9.30, woke up to it but fell asleep until 10.30 and as a result am all groggy. Had very strange, vivid morning dreams too. Always happens when I over sleep.

Not sure what to do with myself today. Had planned to go a big walk and do some sketches in the park. Maybe walk to the retail park instead and get a new bath mat to compliment the new walls, as well as some other homely bits and pieces.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
19-10-2008, 10:55 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread - Sunday

Morning all, its pouring with rain here and very windy, day of houshold jobs by the look of it......
Will have some news later

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #3

Morning Meep, morning all..

It's not too bad outside weatherwise, slightly overcast with a stillness in the air.

Unfortunately my son was unable to visit this weekend due to illness so he will miss his birthday celebrations with his sister today. We are going to my daughter's house this afternoon and then all going out for a meal later.

The leaves are starting to drop from the trees in force now which means continual sweeping up ......... when I was young I used to love going out on a crisp autumn morning and collecting all the brightly coloured leaves for my scrapbook. Those were the days!!

Enjoy your day everyone..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
19-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #4

Morning all! I'm a budgie widow today. OH has gone to a meeting and an aviary visit to look at some prize birds. I have better things to do like studying and ironing and making lunch!
Still, gives me minute or two to come on here and chat away Not much other news. Both puss and doggie are sleeping in the living room and the weather is a typical overcast morning but dry for now. I've put my heating on for longer tho, it gets nippy during the day when the wind whips around the bungalow.
See you later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
19-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #5

Hello all. The day is not too bad here but it has taken time. It was moist when we woke up (and aren't the mornings getting dark?) and has taken ages to get up to the nice autumn sun we have now. I have the door open for Dinah to come and go as she pleases, so it can't be too bad. We've been out for a walk in the woods - the leaves are really falling fast in the slight breeze. The forecast is for chilly nights this week, so I'm glad of the changeover to the winter duvet.
No news. We have an economy sunday 'roast' today Lambs hearts casseroled in red wine - but don't tell my OH what he's eating! Not sure how I'll get away with this one but ..... Anyway, as I said, economy meal - 2 hearts for 72 pence! I could have just casseroled in stock, to make it even cheaper.
So - if you couldn't face eating it yourself, it's a tasty treat, raw, for the puss's. Half would be fine for a meal, so that's 18p by my reckoning. Freeze the other half for another day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #6

What does it taste like though thats the question...DM?

Lovely day here, crisp is the best descriptive word I can use, took Sal for a lovely walk.....now home and having roast beef later and looking forward to it folowing the walk. Just drove the distance we walked in the car and its 4&1/2 miles on the road then we walked back on the right of way used by the riding stables for hacking out. The sign post for that says 4 miles to where I parked so did about 8 miles in total and is she tired....nope...oddly though neither am I lovely day for walk, and building an appitite.

Have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
19-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #7

Hi All

Pouring and v windy. Been out for nice lunch. Now cuddled up in front of fire and telly.

Not going to venture far. Cali been long walk this morning so quick dash at t time will do. Thank goodness don't need to walk cats!!!!!!

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
19-10-2008, 04:19 PM   #8

Afternoon all!
Cold and windy here today but at least it's dry. Had a lazy morning and just back from walking my dog round our local bird/nature reserve. The canda geese are all congregating ready to head South so it's all a bit noisy but lovely to get some fresh air. Nowhere near as far as Kazz's walk though-neither of us are up to that at the moment!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #9

I am doing the walks as I enjoy them and so does Sal and its an excellent way of keeping healthy I think or me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #10

More than crisp here, downright cold, 11 degrees! But bright sun, walked to the market instead of bussing, as I needed the exercise, and didn't have a heavy load to carry back...just some shrimp and vegetables for a curry tonight. And I echo the sentiment that cats don't need walking!

PL: glad you're back; have been a bit concerned about you..
Mags: what a shame Steve has to miss the birthday dinner; hope he improves soon!
DM: hearts are something I've never been able to bring myself to eat. Used to buy beef heart for my Siamese; he loved it!

Enjoy the day!