Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #1

Christmas day dinner

Well what is your dinner of choice for Christmas?

We have decided to eat Christmas dinner on Christmas eve and leave the day itself for visiting and feet up. With nibbles throughout the day including of course Turkey sarnies.

We were considering going out for the day but Mom's swallowing is not up to it. So this is the alternative. Should be fun if not enjoyable.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #2

Re: Christmas day dinner

Sounds good Karen. If you went out it would maybe too much pressure on your mum.
This year we are having a complete change and going to the caravan for the whole Christmas period.We have booked Christmas Day meals at the little local pub..

Catsey Veteran

29-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #3

That sounds lovely a Christmas day walk on the beach.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #4

That sounds lovely Shelley ......... my dream Christmas was to be eating an apple and a bit of cheese on top of a mountain (didn't have to be a high one!) but we've left it too late and now I can't climb a hill let alone a mountain. So a beach walk sounds great - I hope it's a lovely still, sparkly day for it.

We haven't even thought about Christmas food yet .... I think I'd go for duck again as it was a hit last year.

Catsey Veteran

29-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #5

Every house has a different tradition for Christmas and it seems to evolve.
I have often thought of going away for Christmas but not sure I would like it however I could easily sit and do my own thing (ie nothing at all and see no one)

I am volunteering again at Sally army not sure doing what couple years ago I was the "trainee" potato putter on plates.......may try for simply title of "vegetable putter on plate" branch out a bit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #6

ours is turkey. I line it with only roasties and nothing else, OH likes all the trimmings!! Having it at my folks this year and barney will have some too and will bring a "cat" bag back for the monsters