Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-08-2011, 07:35 AM   #1

Dairy Milk Monday

Morning everyone, up early for work today, doing 9.30-530pm shifts this week but working saturday this week Off Wednedsday though and took thursday as a holiday to get Harris boosters sorted.

Got wee easy half day today because there was some holiday hours available. So finish at 1pm and OH is picking me up in thehire car we have for a week as ours is in teh garage getting fixed.

Hope you all have a good day, will check in later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
01-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #2

Re: Dairy Milk Monday

That's an early start Pamela...

Thanks for all the sympathy re: sunburn all. It's improving.

Didn't even turn the laptop on yest - think I needed a bit of a 'by myself' day. If I couldn't get to it easily via my phone, it wasn't happening!!!

Off today, before 4 days at work - tomorrow am supporting a client/at the office, weds/thurs on a course, and Fri I've to go in to do clerical cover. 2 days off, then working Mon-Thurs... Roll on next Fri and the start of my 'usual' kind of weekend!

Hope all goes well at work Pamela - enjoy that half day off.

Have a godo day all.

ETA... having just read yesterdays Daily... You were in Fife yest Pamela... What parts? There are some lovely areas of coastland, right from the bridge, Aberdour, Burntisland and similar, right the way round to St Andrews. Fife in general is 'home' for me. Have now lived in 3 different areas of it, so it's kind-a hard to pick out any one place as the part of Fife I come from!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #3

Hello Pamela and Squirrel, our cats were hungry this morning, banging on the bedroom door regularly from about 4.00am Fortunately the dog just ignored the racket and snored on

The post brought unwelcome communications from Teachers' Pensions (agggh! I HATE them!!) all the palaver just to do a couple of hours a month post retirement, forms to fill in, dire warnings of stopping my pension if I don't comply, my responsibility to ensure my employer fills in said forms correctly and return them etc. etc. Today it's a warning about not having contacted them about returning to work, must do so immediately ref financial year 10/11 mmmmmm! Strange that I have already done so and have a letter from them (3 June) "based on information received from your employer, your earnings do not affect your pension" Job done I thought.

I've tried phoning them, all lines engaged. Tried online, very slow site kept returning me to the log-in page, eventually an error page then the whole lot just crashed!!! Spitting feathers here. Tried phoning again and pressed 5 for call-back, will just wait and see what happens next!

Other than that, it's a lovely day here, no idea about the temp. but it's definitely very warm, nice breeze too. Should have done some laundry but scared of next-door having another bonfire!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #4

Hi all! Glorious sunny warm day here - 24C (75F) atm with a nice breeze to keep things from being too sultry.

Have done some housework earlier while OH took Monty for a walk, but they were back quite quickly as it was too hot for little Monty. He is fast asleep in his crate atm; Kizzy and Pip are fast asleep on the bed; OH may be fast asleep in front of Jeremy Kyle and I am here to post my daily before taking my book out into the garden. We will take Monty up to the forest later when it cools down a bit. Going to be a good week which is great news for folks on holiday.

MrsH - you must be spitting tacks! I do hate it when you get contradictory stuff from the same firm. OH has recently had to sort out his mum's building society account as he has POA and talk about right hand not knowing what left hand is doing. He even went into the branch to try and sort it. He still can't have online banking which is a real nuisance as he has an appointment with Social Services advisor this Thursday and can't get an up to date statement. Arrrrrrhhhhhhhhh!

Just keep smiling everyone, if you can. Cuddle your cats (or dog/s) which is sure to make you feel better. Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #5

Hi folks!

Green with envy listening to you lot with your sunny warm days; we've got mizzle rain and muggy heat here

Decided to take Tom swimming, and afterwards had a KFC.
Up to curves later for a session.

Teacher's Pensions people make life very difficult MrsH, you wouldn't believe the forms we had to submit when he had his stroke. Glad to see Monty and Pip getting on in the heat. Ouch, watch that sunburn Squirrel. Love Dairy Milk, Pamela, thought I might pinch a bit of Tom's chocolate stash later.... don't tell!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #6

Hi, friends! Sunny dry weather continues, August starting the same as July, which, incidentally was the hottest ever month here in Washington. It's a bit after 10:30 am and 30 C (85 F). Going to the bank and on a gin run this afternoon with Chris;that's about all the news.

MrsH, you must be just livid; what a frustrating thing. Squirrel, glad the sunburn's better; Angie, sounds as if you're the only awake person in your house! Sorry it's raining on you, PP. Hi, Pamela!

Be good to yourself today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #7

Afternoon all

On nights again tonight, the chap I am covering Simon (he is 35) had a stroke on while on holiday the day after his daughters 6th birthday. He is still in hospital......so bit of bad news he has had 3 heart attacks in the last 4 years as well and has already had a stent fitted.

Weather is good but as I am nights tonight and a bit tired not doing a lot.
But have looked at planning to renew my car insurance.

Mrs H I am with you all the way with conflicting information.

Catsey Veteran

01-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #8

Well, Teachers' Pensions didn't ring back so I rang them and of course had to go through the neverending "welcome and please press number..." plus music of course. But I think it's all sorted now. Are you ready?

Teachers' salaries operate on end of the payment year being 31st March but of course the real end of the Financial Year is 5th April. The form I had previously sent them covered the period up to but not beyond 31st March and did not therefore cover the period 1st-5th April and this is the information they now need

Now, bear in mind that I couldn't work on 2nd or 3rd being Saturday and Sunday, we're talking 3 days here. I consulted my trusty diary and discovered that I did indeed work during that period, I taught 1 lesson on the 4th I asked if they really wanted me to fill in a form to cover 50 minutes teaching time and of course they do, so I had another go at their website and filled it in online. They can do what they like with the information

And all this because I was doing a bit of a favour for my former school!

Laugh? I've hardly stopped!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-08-2011, 04:52 PM   #9

MrsH, hope it really is sorted now; and I suspect you might think twice about helping out the next time they ask you ....... Kazz, what a shame about your co- worker; so young and such horrible health

Catsey Veteran

01-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
MrsH, hope it really is sorted now
Well no, not quite because I'll also have to fill in a form for the period between 5th April and 23rd May when I stopped, but I don't have to bother about that until next April!

Sorry Kazz I didn't see your message about Simon, so sad that he has such poor health at that age, he's younger than my daughter!