Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
24-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #1

Complaints about my cats

Just being in to my local shop(across the road from me). The owner said that my 3 of my cats are S****ing in her back garden. Its not a back garden but a triangle of weeds and dirt. She was realy abrubt with me and sarcastic. I have told her in the past you should have a litter tray for each one and a spare one so she said i will have to get 8 litter trays with have 4 which are cleaned out regulary. She has seen guinness poo and 2 of the others. This is was i am starting ot panic she said if she caught them she would shot them with a spud gun. She then said she was going to put up barb wire to stop them going in. I have always said to neighbours if you have any problems with my cats i will clean it up if they can prove it. Her fence is only 4ft high and there are about 10 other cats that use her waist peace of land as well. I want have all my cats has indoor cats now but that isnt practical and i am realy worried that she is going to hurt them.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #2

Re: Complaints about my cats

When my new neighbours moved in, although they never complained, told them if my cats were being a nusciance in their garden, to spray them with water and they would stay out, they did that and my boys never ever go in their garden now....
I can understand you being worried Kado, do you think she would hurt them????

Catsey Veteran

24-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #3

Depends what sort of day she has had. The water idea is a good idea but all of mine like water. The only ones that dont go on front is Maisey, Gabby and Lucky who goes out back way. i would hate to think she would but i wouldnt put out past her. If she harmed any of the cats around here i think there would be more than me angry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #4

Trouble with cats are they go where they like, and its very difficult to stop them..........

Catsey Veteran

24-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #5

she has a indoor cat herself and said if it did the same she would kick its butt. Is not so much about the poo-ing itslef its the threat of the barb wire

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-07-2009, 04:03 PM   #6

What a nasty person she is! I hope the talk about barbed wire is just bluster; I would think finding a source for it and installing would be rather difficult.

Catsey Veteran

24-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #7

I would report her if she did. I tried ot keep my cats in all day because of this. I also had a look at the small piece of unused land and its got weeds on rubble as well. Even though i do have cats other peoples goes in the garden as well. I intaily wanted to keep them all in but a neighbour said its cruel so OH decided to let them out if they cry. The neighbour who suggested it has cats herself and they go in the garden/tip

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kado
Just being in to my local shop(across the road from me). The owner said that my 3 of my cats are S****ing in her back garden. Its not a back garden but a triangle of weeds and dirt. She was realy abrubt with me and sarcastic. I have told her in the past you should have a litter tray for each one and a spare one so she said i will have to get 8 litter trays with have 4 which are cleaned out regulary. She has seen guinness poo and 2 of the others. This is was i am starting ot panic she said if she caught them she would shot them with a spud gun. She then said she was going to put up barb wire to stop them going in. I have always said to neighbours if you have any problems with my cats i will clean it up if they can prove it. Her fence is only 4ft high and there are about 10 other cats that use her waist peace of land as well. I want have all my cats has indoor cats now but that isnt practical and i am realy worried that she is going to hurt them.

jane
Sorry Jane, I dont understand what you are saying in the part I have highlighted. Are you saying that you told this person to buy cat litter boxes, 8 of, for your cats to use?
I wouldnt worry too much about the barbed wire, yes cats can get scratched or snagged on it, but many people live near fields with barbed wire fences and their cats haven't died because of it.
If her aim is anything like mine, she'll do more damage to herself with the spud gun

Catsey Veteran

25-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #9

i told her a rule to a thumb that your should have a litter tray each and one spare, Dont know where i heard it from though. I am more worried that the fence is only 4ft high. I think i would be owrser than you with the spud gun. I saw another cat go for a poo in the garden tonight as wel.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
25-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #10

kado i had that in my last flat,my older cat used to cross the road(in a quiet street)and cut through this womans garden to get to the back,she had planted loads of fancy flowers

one day she got me n complained my cat was using her garden to do the toilet in,so from then on when i let him out i watched where he went,and right enough he cut through to the back of hers.i told her this,she then admitted other cats used her garden too yet was mine that initially got the blame im sure she even got her son to set his dog on him too,coz i didnt see him cutting through again for a while

she then got that blue pellet stuff to put at her flowers!!!!

i moved flats since,so dont know wot he now does when he nows goes out at mine