Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2006, 07:37 AM   #1

Terrorist plans in UK

Wondering if anyone else has heard the news yet?

A terrorist plan to blow up planes in the UK has, apparantly, been stoppped.
The UK is now on a critical level of security, airport security increased and no hand luggage allowed to be carried onto planes.

This includes all flights into,within and out of the UK.

It's a bit worrying really.
I was quite shocked to hear it, but admit since the september bombings I have been wondering if they would try similar plans here.

I have a flight booked in two weeks, and now don't want to fly really. It's only to newcastle from stanstead, but I'm taking the kids with me too, and really would rather not fly now. ( i am anxious enough about flying anyway)

Rather shocked about it all to be honest.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
10-08-2006, 07:55 AM   #2

Re: Terrorist plans in UK

im watching it now, bit worried as i live under a flight path (not sure where they go to)
i wont say any more as ill be called racist, so not saying any more.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-08-2006, 08:02 AM   #3

Our Canadian friends are returning to Bournemouth from Dublin this evening. Hope they won't experience too much disruption. However, they fly from Heathrow to Toronto on Sunday so I hope things have ironed out a bit by then.
Can you imagine flying with children without being able to take books/pencils/toys/game boys etc etc. Eeek! Or even being on a plane with herds of bored children. The passengers will have to pull together and invoke the spirit of the blitz and tell stories and organise sing-songs to amuse them!

CJ - I don't think Stanstead to Newcastle would be a major terrorist target .... and you can't live your life under a stone. Just do it!

Catsey Veteran

10-08-2006, 08:11 AM   #4

At least this attempt was stopped. Let's just hope if there are any other attempts they are stopped in time too.

It is saying on the news there are going to be severe disruptions to passengers!!!!

Wonder how long it'll all last for.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
10-08-2006, 08:35 AM   #5

It is a bit scary but you can't live in fear of what might happen. I think it won't take too long to calm down again. I think though they are hand searching every passenger which will take ages!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-08-2006, 09:17 AM   #6

I'm scared enough of flying with this added concern!!!

Thankfully I will be driving down to Dorset and not flying , but CJ - I can fully empathise with your worry especially if you'll have your boys with you. Hopefully internal flights won't be so stringently monitored but even so, the flight should be a short one and you should be landing almost before you have taken off!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-08-2006, 09:25 AM   #7

Yola - if you had your private plane you could be like Madonna and fly into Compton Abbas airfield! That's an idea to while away a quiet hour if you want a beautiful view over Melbury Down, watch the little planes, have a cuppa etc. Hope you have a great time in God's own county!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
10-08-2006, 11:07 AM   #8

It all looks quite "Mass scale"
Quite scary if you think about it...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
10-08-2006, 12:42 PM   #9

I heared about it this morning, it is quite scary.

They did say it was gonna cause severe distruptions but i suppose 'better safe than sorry'

CJ I'm sure you'll be okay but can really understand how you feel.

Catsey Veteran

10-08-2006, 01:23 PM   #10

wella s the day has gone on the story has got worse and worse.
IT is very concerninig,e ven if you arent flying anywhere.

I can't even begin to think what would have happeend if they ahd succeeded, they say there were plans to blow up NINE trans atlantic flights mid air.

21 people arrested so far. Apparantly there are stories about them using liquid explosives concealed in fizzy drinks bottles.

It's quite scarey really, I mean, we KNOW they CAN do it, after ground zero, and london bombings. It would have been a disaster on a scale we have never seen before.

I know some people might think I am concerend over notihng, but even if i wernet flying anywhere i would be affected by this, it's a terrible thing.

I'm not panicking, but am concerned.