Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #11

Re: Pot/tub flowers

Nae - I have to say geraniums are faves of mine. Lovely leaves + a variety of flower head shapes and colours. They're great if you're a bit of a lazy gardener (i.e., they can usually withstand slug/snails and will be forgiving if you forget to water them )

You can get upright and trailing varieties and they can be over-wintered in the house and then cut back and put out again the following year!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-05-2006, 10:35 AM   #12

I love to see trailing ivy in arrangements... can't wait to see your piccies Nae

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
15-05-2006, 10:58 AM   #13

I've got soooo many plants to choose from. I nearly picked up some geraniums today but opted for Lobelia and Impatiens today. Off to the garden centre on the weekend to pick up more pots and stuff so will be adding geraniums to my list

I saw some lovely Clematis and Honesuckle today. Are they okay to grow in pots or are they more suited to being planted in the ground?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
15-05-2006, 11:33 AM   #14

I've grown clematis in a hanging basket - so they're ok in a pot. They may eventually get too big, and they do like their roots cool but their leaves in the sun, so you may have a fiddle finding the right spot for it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
15-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #15

Thanks Hreow. I'm sure I can up with a suitable spot for it.

I'm really getting into this gardening lark now thanks to you lot. I'm determined to make a real go of it and make my garden a nice place to relax this year