Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #1

Flying Friday

A kite flying day I think, if you could dodge the showers .... and hang on to the string!

Had a good afternoon at calligraphy yesterday and have come home motivated again, with a new hand to practice and nearly finished my design for the tea-towel. My tutor has loaned me a new nib and I love it, so I must track one down for myself .... only a very little thing but a thing of beauty!

I have a saucepan of Fecto's Mum's cough jollop on the stove - my poor OH is still suffering so anything that gives him a cough free hour (let alone a good night's sleep) will be a big bonus.

Cats and dogs all in and snoozing. Kizzy and Pip had a wonderful run about and play this morning in the garden and the house, anyone would have thought it was spring! I do love watching them almost playing "tag". The dogs were out so they had the run literally of wherever they wanted to go.

Hope everyone is well, keep dry and warm ....... hope you enjoy your w/end away PP.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
07-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #2

Re: Flying Friday

Afternoon angie and those to follow. It's bright here but chilly.

Hope your OH is ok angie and the jollop works.

We had barney at the vet for sign off with his nose, he was such a good boy!! He's been spoiled today too. Got a new lead that stops him pulling my arm off, a non pull harness and a drying jumper. Also got loads of new treats to try

Quiet night I think. Trying to get in the mindset for going back to work on Monday

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
07-11-2014, 05:26 PM   #3

Hope the jollop works Angie. Glad to hear the tea towel is coming together. Good for Barney, Pamela. He must feel a lot better with his healed up nose.

It has absolutely siled it down here for most of the day. Got soaked taking dogs out for their big walk. Had to keep Tess away from the river, it is too deep and running fast.

Huggins is tucked up at the side of me. He was asleep on, yes on, his Uncle BF but I think Fooz got too warm and had to move. Glad to be in out of the cold and wet. A night with the telly and furries I think. Stay warm and dry peeps and all furries.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #4

evening all.
Been to work this morning and then to the farm shop on the way home. Got a box full of pies and cakes and a box of fruit and veg.
My eldest son and partner are coming to stay the weekend with their little cat.
Trishka will stay upstairs away from the dogs.
Think we will have to take Malaika to the vets next week, her paws are getting better one minute but not the next.
How is Barney's nose doing Pamela and have you got a halti harness ?
Angie, glad you had a productive class
FM, that little cat has settled so well with you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
07-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #5

Shelley, barneys nose has nearly healed up, still a bit pnik but the fur is starting to grow back thankfully. Its not a halti harness its a company of animals is the brand, so far so good, the lead is a rox strap, its like a shock absorber. Barney pulls when we get out the door and go to lock it, normally he pulls my shoulder but with this, it stops him without a jolt, really good Worth looking at for a dog that pulls!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-11-2014, 02:21 PM   #6

Pamela i'm glad Barney's nose is healing. The harness sounds good.