Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
06-11-2014, 09:42 AM   #1

wet Thursday

Morning everyone. Hope all furbabies are safe at home after fireworks last night. My lot weren't to fussed thankfully but I hope all those who are frightened by them have settled.

It is bucketing down here today, not nice at all.

We moved furniture about yesterday and now have a dressing room instead of a spare room with campbeds in it!! Heading to whitelees wind farm today as there's apparently some really good dog walks there. Going to get soaked but also means it will be quieter and better for barney.

Also managed to get a new dog walker organised yesterday for barney. She met him last night and they got on so fingers crossed!!

Have a lovely day and lots of chin tickles to all our furbabies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-11-2014, 09:56 AM   #2

Re: wet Thursday

Morning Pamela - hope you enjoy your walk and I'm sure you have the right equipment to keep dry inside!

Loud fireworks last night but thankfully did not last very long. Poor Monty was stressed and even Dora was trembling - I have heard that dogs pick it up from each other which is understandable but sad for Dora who has been quite undisturbed by anything. Luckily Kizzy and Pip don't seem to suffer at all, made of stronger stuff! There are more firework displays advertised for this coming Saturday and hopefully that will be the end of it until New Year. Two weeks we've been under siege but it's nowhere near as bad as where our dog trainer lives, she says it is dreadful and her dogs are really suffering.

Bright and sunny here this morning and we did have a bit of overnight frost. OH has gone out with the doggies and I am awaiting a dog food delivery, then have calligraphy this afternoon.

Have a good day folks, keep warm and dry if you can. Gentle cuddles to all Catsey pets from me, especially if they are poorly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
06-11-2014, 10:25 AM   #3

Morning all- it's bright and cold here today!
Last night was bad as two neighbours had fireworks in their gardens very close to us. It seemed to upset Smudge most although Tolly was a bit put out. Cleo, usually the scardiest of all was totally un-bothered! They are all fine this morning and although there will be big events this weekend they are at some distance so I'm hoping the worst is over until New Year.

Got to finish a tender today and get it ff. Work is building up slowly but it is still slooooooow.

Hope you don't get too wet on your walk Pamela. Enjoy your calligraphy Angie- I'm waiting on a cat food delivery today.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Two rescues and one feral
06-11-2014, 04:51 PM   #4

Wild and very very wet here in the Irish mountains. I can see the river down the hill surging over its banks and thankful to be high enough not to be at any risk of flooding. Heavy rain all the day long and floods and warnings out in many places so my shopping outing did not happen. I had forgotten fireworks..

My two indoor cat are in and on the bed with me and the feral tucked neatly up in the shed (traditionally here sheds have no doors).. He is making friends with the dogs, well with one dog. The other dog is blind else cat would not get away with such familiarity.

What a deluge still.. loud and very wet indeed and I have to go out and feed my family.. ah well! Free shower and deeply thankful for a strong house.