Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
05-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #1

Wooly Sox Wednesday

Time to get the knitwear out girls
It's a cold but lovely sunny day here today, good timing as the chooks a due a clean out. We are off to Weston on Friday for the weekend, will look out for you Mags
Stocked up on more cat litter, food and chicken stuff for while we are away. Taking a break now before the work starts, will REMEMBER to check the shed for wayward cats this time!

Hope you're feeling better Angie and that all of you and our fur babes are well and dandy.

See you later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #2

Re: Wooly Sox Wednesday

Pretty sunny day today.
Done some washing and been to the library, off to work this afternoon.
Have fun everyone, hope the dreaded fireworks are soon over for all the pets that hate them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #3

Hi PP, Shelley and those to come along later. Yes, woolly socks and I've dug out some sheepskin slippers. Rt foot a bit too tight but left is fine so I'm hoping they will stretch - although they were at the back of the wardrobe so I assume I gave up last winter, but they are warm.

Fingers and everything else possible well and truly crossed that any cats or dogs who suffer from firework phobia and safe, warm and as comfortable as possible tonight. There have already been a few pops and fizzes even while it was still light .......... curtains and blinds all drawn now and radio/TV turned up. I am very thankful that I have the Valerian drops if Monty gets stressed. I am now thinking he associates being here at home/fireworks as scary. OH took him to dog training last evening and said that fireworks were being let off even before Monty got out of the car ......... luckily another dog he knew arrived at the same time and he was distracted. He was fine all evening, was good enough to be used as "demo dog" during class and came home perfectly fine. I find that so odd ...... we've tried hard not to reinforce any anxiety he feels but maybe we're doing it anyway?

Take care folks and if you like fireworks (I always used to) then stay safe and warm and enjoy.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
05-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #4

Woolly everything out, never mind just socks. A 2 fleece day today. Meeting for me this morning, podiatrist for OH to get his 'pods' done. Got radio on turned up for Tess, thanks for the idea Angie. Watched The Passing Bells but she never bat an eyelid at the bombs going off at the Somme. Never had this problem before with any animal we've had.

All cats are asleep somewhere round the house. Huggins is with Uncle Big F again. They all take turns to play with him or kitten-sit. He's fitted in really well. Swirl loves playing with him and Barnes makes sure he's clean. Fecto and Inks are quite happy to share food.

Peaceful night to all furries and people, stay warm folks