Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #1

Scottish tablet sunday

I really like this sweet, it's similar to fudge but harder, very naughty and sweet,lol.
We visited the pub for the last night, it is now officialy closed and for sale.
Took the dogs for a run on the beach and visited Port William , had a look in the community charity shop and a tiny christmas fair as well as spar.
Bought the dogs two new toys.
Cosy afternoon in, listening to the wind blow.
Wish it was easier to put pics on here, i must make the effort but find PB such a pain

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #2

Re: Scottish tablet sunday

Afternoon shelley and those to follow.

Shelley I must admit I'm not too keen on tablet due to it being too sweet. Sounds like a nice day your having. Hope the dogs like their new toys

We had a lovely walk this morning, had barney on his long line to let him get a bit more freedom. We have cleared the garage today as there was soo much junk in it. Also changed the livingroom about which involved completely dismantling the suite due to the size and weight of it. Looks good the way i is now, more open going to do our bedroom and the kitchen whilst we are off as well as getting a bit of relax time! Heading to the golf range soon.

Have a lovely day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #3

Have to admit never having heard of Scottish tablet .... thought it could be like an iPad!!!!

OH is still not well. He's not been able to go to bed at all for 2 nights now, even propped with pillows his coughing is bad. He has finally got off to sleep in the sitting room, with Monty on his lap. I've been trying to get him to drink more and he's had two herbal teas with honey this morning. Cough medicine is useless. He's looking quite grey and exhausted not surprisingly and he so wants to go to a dog show tomorrow.

Pamela, if you get tired of doing your house ....... you could come and do mine! Hope you do manage to have some relaxation and fun too!!!

We will be closing curtains and turning up TV/radio as I suspect there will be fireworks tonight, although I imagine it will be more organised dos and family fireworks (which will be closer to us) will probably be on the day.

Have a good w/end folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
01-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #4

I don't think I've ever tried tablet! I do like fudge though
Sorry your OH is unwell Angie, coughing is so exhausting. I do hope he feels better soon.
I have far to much 'stuff' to re-arrange any of our rooms and the house is very messy after a week of half-term so that will be my job next week once school is back again.
We've just got back from a wet and windy walk along the canal towpath and Erin and Tristan are watching the BBC Life Story that I recorded the other night while I have a cuppa.
Erin and OH will be going to watch a firework display a little later on so I'd better get on with cooking dinner soon I suppose!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #5

Hi PL, nice to hear from you.Hope you enjoyed your canal walk.
Pamela, sounds like you have been very, very busy today.
Angie, sorry your o/h isn't well. I had a cough recently and it lasted weeks, must be awful for him not being able to go to bed, hope he;s better very soon.

Catsey Veteran

01-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #6

I will pass your good wishes on to my OH ... they are bound to make him feel better, fingers crossed.

PL - good to hear from you! Hope you enjoyed your walk and the b****y fireworks. My poor Monty in meltdown again tonight and so many pops and bangs even Dora looked a bit concerned.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
02-11-2014, 12:02 AM   #7

Angie, when I have a bad cough I make my own jollop. I can't have most of the 'bought' cough stuff cos of the alcohol content. I slice oranges and lemons, as many as you like, add large spoonful of honey and brown sugar. pour boiling hot water on and let it steep. The good thing is you can add stuff as you need to and the longer it steeps the better it is. It can be drunk hot or cold and I always have it at the bedside for during the night. It's very soothing and cheap! Good for you too. When I'm at my Mum's I leave it on the back of the Rayburn to keep warm. Hope he feels better soon.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
02-11-2014, 12:07 AM   #8

Shelley, I found a new way to get pics from PB to here. I send the picture to my email via my user name then from email to here. At least I think that's what I did. Now I've written it I'm not sure now! Good luck, if I can di it anybody can, I'm not exactly a technophobe but very close.

Catsey Veteran

02-11-2014, 12:17 AM   #9

Thanks for the recipe FM, that sounds good and tasty enough to have even without having a cough!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
02-11-2014, 08:38 AM   #10

It is Sunday today isn't it?!......