Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #1

Chorley cake Tuesday

Used Chorley cakes as the title as that is where i'm from but i hate them,lol.
Very rainy here today, took the dogs out for a very quick walk, surprising how quickly they can go when they don't want to be out.
Last night we had a nice games evening, we played Uno and pass the pig.
It's going to be an indoor day today i think. Going to try to paint a wooden doll Howard has made, it is a replica of a very early peg doll which were made in Germany around the late 1800's.
Later we are going out for tea to Portpatrick.
Hope everyone is ok and that Barneys nose is getting better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
28-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #2

Re: Chorley cake Tuesday

I'm not sure I've ever eaten a Chorley Cake- I'll have to Google them!
It's sunny here at the moment and I've done a bit of clearing up in the garden between trying to improve my website. I'll sneak off to the garden centre in a bit as I need to replace a short bit of hazel fencing screening off the compost bins- what I've got has finally given up the ghost!
I hope you enjoy the day in Shelley- sometimes they can be nice!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #3

Afternoon Shelley and CS ........ I too had to look up Chorley Cake and not sure I'd like it either, not keen on currants or pastry for that matter.

It's been another lovely day here, blue sky, sunshine a bit of a breeze and really quite warm. Towels didn't quite dry outside so are tumbling now.

I hope Barney's nose gets better very soon Pamela. Hope all other furry friends are well too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #4

yes a Chorley cake is pastry filled with currants, some people have them buttered.
Hope you got your hazel fence sorted CS
Angie, glad you have had a nice day weatherwise.
The afternoon was nice and dry here, we haven't taken Malaika on the beach today as we are trying to save her paws for a long walk tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
28-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #5

evening everyone

Thanks for the well wishes angie, still sore looking and hes pawing at it which doesnt help!!

Hope your all having a lovely night, im just in so dinner and relaxing night, been a long day!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
28-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #6

With you on the Chorley cakes Shelley, yuk. OH to dentist first thing so we took Scout and Tess with us and walked them a different area. Scout has become really naughty and won't come back. Trouble is she is teaching Tess not to as well. Huggins is scragging a toy mouse at the moment, all four paws, going for it. Is there a natural cream for poor Barney's nose, must be really irritating for him. Afraid my washing got wet Angie, never mind, its all on the airer now. Hope the new fence looks good CS. Managed to finish a snowflake for a Christmas card, only about another 25 to go!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
28-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #7

FM, theres nothing we can put on it unfortunately, better to be left open to let the air get to it. Starting to get a bit blotchy and scabby. took another photo of it tonight

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
28-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #8

Must be healing if its scabby, poor little chap. He looks really fed up