Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
22-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #21

Re: It's getting busy

getting a little friend for Kizzy sounds like a plan Angie..given how well she has settled in with you she would probably cope quite well with a new addition

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #22

I just figured a kitten would not bother her as much, we don't want to undo all the good work......... Did your local CP branch not get back in touch Angie?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #23

I did get a phone call Kazz, before I went to pick Kizzy up. They said that they had no cats and I was too early! According to one of the vet nurses at the surgery, they are a funny bunch with almost anti-rehoming policies!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
22-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #24

Oh how sad about all those cats left. My sister and I just volunteered for my local cpl, going to help out with the cats and anything else I can do as I don't have space here away from my own to foster any at the moment, I can't wait though.

Hope you find a nice new pal for Kizzy soon Angie, or a puppy pal, you are welcome to Star at the minute, she's been busying herself by 'helping' in the garden in this nice weather the little witch!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-04-2009, 04:24 PM   #25

Alex, how old would you estimate William (Cheetah) is? Might be a good friend for Kizzy if he's as affectionate as you say ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
22-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #26

we think he's about 2 Will post a pic shortly (have to be quick though, some home visits being done this week lol)

Catsey Veteran

22-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #27

I wonder if 2 would be a bit old for Kizzy to cope with ........ I was thinking, like Kazz, of a youngster. But these things rely really on the individual cats I think.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I wonder if 2 would be a bit old for Kizzy to cope with ........ I was thinking, like Kazz, of a youngster. But these things rely really on the individual cats I think.
You're right about that, I think. Misty was a kitten when she came and Sultan accepted her quickly after a bit of hissing, spitting and posturing. Patches was an adult when she came and she and Misty only tolerated one another; Dandy was a kitten and both the girls accepted him at once, especially Misty who became his adopted mom. And Leia also was a kitten, Dandy and Patches, adults at the time, took to her very well. But every case is different ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
22-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #29

I'd go for a younger one personally. Much easier to introduce. A male about 4-8mths would be an ideal friend for her I think.

Catsey Veteran

22-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #30

That's what I think I shall go for Smudgley. I said to random I'd like a little Anakin .......