Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-08-2014, 03:01 PM   #1

New Dr Who starts tonight!

New Dr Who series starts tonight - 7.50 BBC1. Am I going to like Peter Capaldi as the Doctor???? Are you???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #2

Re: New Dr Who starts tonight!

Almost hyperventilating in this house lol. Very excited!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
23-08-2014, 07:28 PM   #3

Willing to give him a try. Got fed up of young Doctors, this is the change it needed. Is he the first Scottish Doctor?

Catsey Veteran

23-08-2014, 09:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecto's mum
Willing to give him a try. Got fed up of young Doctors, this is the change it needed. Is he the first Scottish Doctor?
No, Sylvester McCoy was Scottish too and he got to keep his accent. David Tennant is Scottish but he played it with and English one

Absolutely loved the first episode. So many wee gems, like the Tom Baker mannerisms. I think Capaldi is going to be fantastic!

Catsey Veteran

31-08-2014, 11:00 AM   #5

Now we've had the second episode, what do folks think? For me, there is no charisma ...........

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
31-08-2014, 05:08 PM   #6

Didn't hold my attention I'm afraid and I like Peter Capaldi. Forgotten about Sylvester McCoy and David Tennant.

Catsey Veteran

02-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #7

Oh my, we are in awe of him here. Think he plays it brilliantly, so much darker and colder. Can't wait for the rest of the series

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #8

I waited until now because I hadn't seen either episode and watched them back to back on iPlayer.
I think in Ep 1, Peter Capaldi was trying each Doctor's style on for size, a bit manic, a bit silly, serious and clever. The whole plot of Ep 1 was very confusing and far too long.

I think by the end of Ep 2 we saw how he's going to play it. He's deeper, darker and more fatherly. The relationship with Clara in Ep 1 was awkward and by Ep 2 we see why, now they both know where they stand it will get better.

I believe Capaldi will grow on me quite quickly, it took ages to get into Matt Smith because like Clara with this new doc, I was so in love with David Tennant, I couldn't think of anyone else as 'the Doctor'.

Catsey Veteran

02-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #9

Perhaps I'm finding it hard to get into because really I'm still in love with Tom Baker, and showing my age!!!

Catsey Veteran

02-09-2014, 06:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
I waited until now because I hadn't seen either episode and watched them back to back on iPlayer.
I think in Ep 1, Peter Capaldi was trying each Doctor's style on for size, a bit manic, a bit silly, serious and clever. The whole plot of Ep 1 was very confusing and far too long.

I think by the end of Ep 2 we saw how he's going to play it. He's deeper, darker and more fatherly. The relationship with Clara in Ep 1 was awkward and by Ep 2 we see why, now they both know where they stand it will get better.

I believe Capaldi will grow on me quite quickly, it took ages to get into Matt Smith because like Clara with this new doc, I was so in love with David Tennant, I couldn't think of anyone else as 'the Doctor'.
This was me too lol. David is still 'my' doctor, but by the end I did like Matt a lot. Peter Capaldi is such a sudden shift from the cheeky chappie type that a lot of people may struggle to 'get' him to start off with, but I'm very impressed so far!