Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
26-08-2011, 10:17 PM   #11

Re: Cat Insurance.

More than a little rude that!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-08-2011, 10:48 PM   #12

Why in the world would they need to know your age?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
26-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
Some insurers will put up the premiums as the animal ages as they deem them more likely to become unwell and therefore you're more likely to make a claim.
Petplan do lifetime cover but I'm not sure whether the premiums would be more than you are paying already. I pay about £16 a month for Imogen and she's only 3.
Goodness thats a lot for one cat, is that because shes a pedigree? For lifetime cover for all 3 on petplan i pay £29!

Catsey Veteran

26-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #14

Just for comparison purposes, Leia is insured for the following:

Limit per incident per pet - $1500.00
Plan limit per pet - $8000.00
Deductible - $100.00

My annual premium is $159.84

I filed my first claim about 10 days ago, have had an e-mail acknowledging it, nothing else yet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
27-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #15

Oh, your age! I asked our Petplan rep this and was told that most companies will ask for your date of birth as a security question.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggy
27-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Just for comparison purposes, Leia is insured for the following:

Limit per incident per pet - $1500.00
Plan limit per pet - $8000.00
Deductible - $100.00

My annual premium is $159.84

I filed my first claim about 10 days ago, have had an e-mail acknowledging it, nothing else yet.
That's £98.12 That's a lot too Dandysmom. I shall whinge less now.. I always thought the US was much cheaper than here.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggy
27-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
Oh, your age! I asked our Petplan rep this and was told that most companies will ask for your date of birth as a security question.
I wonder how the fact that I am 78 makes them feel more or less secure?! Am I being charged more because I'm old or less? As long as I pay the premium before I pop my clogs, why should they care???

Ah, the penny has dropped they will check my DoB each time to be sure it's me! I am getting slow in my old age...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
27-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttygran
I wonder how the fact that I am 78 makes them feel more or less secure?! Am I being charged more because I'm old or less? As long as I pay the premium before I pop my clogs, why should they care???

Ah, the penny has dropped they will check my DoB each time to be sure it's me! I am getting slow in my old age...
If you think thats bad i was depositing money in the bank on Friday (cheque) & the cashier demanded in an abrupt tone "where did you get this money from, what is the source". Normally im lost for words but something rattled immediately & fixing her with an equally abrupt glare i replied "why". Still
dont think it was any of her business. She could have said nicely "look sorry i have to ask you this, but what is the source of this cheque" she inisted i made appt to see manager to discuss investment! Yeah well i did make appt but wont be investing with them - it will be invested in another car

You cant even sell a car & deposit (or attempt to) the money in the bank without an inquisition - i give up!

Catsey Veteran

27-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #19

As to date of birth, when I was in hospital I was asked that every time I was given medication or going for a procedure even just taking vitals, even though they knew by that time that I was indeed me! They have to do it; I suppose the insurance people have a similar regulation in some cases.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #20

Velvet - we always get asked about the source of any cheque we pay in at our regular bank - it has something to do with the procedures to prevent money laundering! I have to smile because we've never tried to deposit that much!!!