Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 DSH and a Siamese
31-05-2010, 08:12 AM   #1

Hello again, it's been a while! (Pic heavy)

Hello all,

I joined here some time back, but life overtook my forum time so I haven't been around. Thought I'd drop by and show off my kitties.

Let see, last I was here was in 2007 and I was living in Mexico. I have since moved back to Texas, lost my dear Mocha kitty to xylitol toxicity, and adopted a darling little three legged siamese hellion named Sully.

This is the last pic I have of my Mocha.

She's sitting with my mom.
She always loved those starlight mints in the little cellophane wrappers. I had no idea they had xylitol in them or that she was actually ingesting them, I thought she just liked carrying them around and playing with them. I feel incredibly guilty about her death to this day. Rest in peace sweetheart.

A couple of months after Mocha left me, Sully found me. He's named for the big blue monster on Monsters inc, and lives up to his name quite well. He was a 4 month old kitten who was brought in to the clinic where I was working at the time with a leg injury. He had, somehow, (and God only knows with this cat) crushed his elbow. The damage was irreparable, so we had to amputate his left front leg. It hasn't slowed him down a second. I brought him home and he took over right then and there and has ruled the roost ever since.
Here he is as a kitten. Cute as a little button, and oh so innocent looking! HA!

butter wouldn't melt!

He and Thurston were best buddies from day one. Thick as theives these two are.

He loves Kobie too.

Loves me best though.

Getting a bit bigger

All grown up now!

Butter still wouldn't melt!

He turned 3 years old on April 1st.

Now let me reintroduce Thurston. Officially, he's my brothers cat, but he has been living with me for four years now which is a year longer than he lived with my brother, and there is no end in sight to this arrangement, so he's my nephew kitty/foster son. He and Sully are best mates. I mean, I've never seen two cats form such a close bond. At this point, I really hope my brother never turns up to claim Thurston as it would break both their hearts to be separated.

Handsome Thurston

Put him on a diet shortly after this pic was taken.

And Thurston and Sully Spooning.

Finally Kobie. Poor soul is ten years old now, and has moved from one health crisis to the next his whole life. Right now we are battling a nasty inner ear infection which has affected his balance which put him off food and once this cat stops eating, its the devil to get him going again. He had a feeding tube which we pulled last week, but in the last few days he's really slowed his eating, so we are switching around medications and and I'm assistfeeding him to supplement what he isn't eating on his own.

This cat has used up 7 of his 9 lives. We've counted. He's such a sweetheart though and never offered to bite or scratch despite the near constant poking and proding. I really hope he makes it through this, I'm not sure I'm willing to put another tube in him. I just don't know if its fair to be putting him through all this.

Anyway, here's the most recent pic of him, looking pretty pathetic. He's very skinny and his right eye is sunken because of horners syndrome caused by the ear infection.

\

And a few of him while still healthy. He really is quite a handsome cat!

And finally a group shot

So thats my lot. Off to find out how everyone here is doing!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #2

Re: Hello again, it's been a while! (Pic heavy)

Hello Kobster, it's good to see you here again!

What a wonderful feline family you now have, they are all beautiful and have such great names.

I'm so sorry you lost Mocha ......... but I'm sure you hold many happy memories of your lovely cat.

Looking forward to hearing more from you soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #3

Hi Kobster! Thanks for sharing those gorgeous photos of your tribe and their stories. They are all very lovely cats and I so hope that Kobie pulls through - he's a very handsome fellow. I love the photo of him looking out the window, he looks so wistful.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
31-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #4

What a handsome trio of kitties you have Kobster, all delightful but the eyes have it for me and Sully is sheer gorgeousness...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
31-05-2010, 02:36 PM   #5

Aww super looking kitties, really gorgeous, thanks for sharing

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-06-2010, 01:57 AM   #6

Good to see you back again, and to hear the stories and see the pics. Gorgeous crew!!

Catsey Senior

01-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #7

Thank you everyone! Have passed your praise on to the kitties. Head are appropriately swelled!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
01-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #8

Your gang are gorgeous - each one is lovely in their own special way.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
02-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #9

We have your brothers cat living at my house too!!

How alike do they look???

Catsey Senior

02-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #10

WOW! The resemblance is amazing! Whats yours called?