Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
02-05-2020, 01:53 PM   #1

Saturday again

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all well. The forum hs been really quiet again.

Dinky, how are Damon and WIllow doing?
Shelley, I am glad you are enjoying your christianity course.

Not much planned today. Had a lovely walk with the dogs this morning. Sun was out and was quite warm. Started building my remote control car last night, intending on hopefully finishing it today except the painting as i have still to order it for the car. Decided on a bright red. It should be black but want to personalise it!!

ALso deciced to push myself to go out running at least twice a week starting from Monday.

Hope everyone is staying safe

Take care

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
03-05-2020, 02:36 AM   #2

Re: Saturday again

Hi Pamela, Shelley and all to follow,
Sorry I seem to be getting very lazy in posting lately but I need to get my act together and get moving. To tell the truth, I'm really going a bit stir crazy here.I find it very difficult to get out of the house for a walk because Willow gets very agitated when I'm not here. I did go out yesterday, just around the block for 20 mins and Janna stayed in the lounge giving Willie a piece of meat every 5 mins to keep her calm.Sounds ridiculous, eh ?

Willow hasn't had another seizure but she is very weak in the back legs and very stiff.I'll ring her vet later and see when she can come round and give Willie another Synovan injection. Poor Willie is well overdue for one.

Damon has improved and is starting to talk a little.He is also eating again and loves his boiled egg and kornies.He's lost a lot of weight so basically I'm giving him whatever he'll eat to try and build him up a bit.He now spends most of his time out of his cage and so the poor cats have to be locked out of the lounge.They are not happy coz I have run out of the RC biscuits and have to look for a substitute. I tried Iams but no luck there. My cats would rather starve than eat them. I'm giving them wet food and Temptations but it works out very expensive with 5 of them.Royal Canin have told me via email that they are putting out an alternative food to the one that has been discontinued that is practically the same but it is not yet available in NZ, although it should be here by the end of May.Not sure that the cats can hold out that long though.I might buy a bag of RC Mother and Baby Cat which is high in fat and used for expectant cats and young kittens. They had that when they were babies and loved it, so hopefully they will eat it. I'll probably never be able to get them off it though, still I won't have them going hungry.It's just that they're all very big, heavy cats. Dickens is around 8 kgs at his last weighing and I don't really want them to put on a lot of weight. Oh well, sorry to rave on.

Pamela,what a great hobby you've chosen. Are these cars that you are making the same as slot cars that we have here.? Please, please, please post a picture of the finished cars as I'd love to see them Do you plan to join a club or are you and Steven just going to race against each other ? I think red is a fantastic colour for your car.I was telling my wee grandson, Oren, about your cars and now he wants one too. He thinks it's a cool idea.He's far too young for one of those, but I may get him a radio controlled car for his birthday, if he's lucky.

it's great that you're enjoying the warm weather and you're able to go out running again. I know that sometimes it's hard to get started again but you'll probably feel the better for doing it.Are you able to take Mia running with you or does that not work well ?

Shelley, how are you and yours doing ?I hope you've been having fun with your doll collection and any new purchases that you made at the recent fair .I'm sure you're kept busy with your Christianity course, just as I am. I'm presently writing an essay on the unpardonable sin, whatever that might be.I'm sure I've committed it though (LOL). I hope you're enjoying the warm weather too and getting out for some fun walks with the dogs.

I dug out the sewing machine the other day and made up a few hand towels for the kitchen and bathroom. I had some nice cat and dog fabric for the top of them so was pleased to finally get around to using some of it.With all the hand washing that I've been doing , I have been using a lot of hand towels, not to mention flowing soap (which is very hard to buy here ATM.).Also no flour or hand sanitizer available, also no face masks or disposable gloves to be found anywhere. Anyway, now my sister wants some of the hand towels so I'll have to make up some more this coming week.

I do hope everyone is staying safe and well during the lock downs.It's sure a crazy old time but we will get through it.I think of you all every day and pray that our clever scientists will soon develop a vaccine for this horrid virus to protect us all.

Take care everyone and be kind to each other.

Love to all Catsey cats ,dogs and birds (but no rats) and their guardians.