Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #31

Re: Dad is poorly and hospitalized

thanks for the update, Tink.
I'm pleased your dad is home and hope he gets sorted soon.
Hope your mums surgery goes well
take care x

Catsey Veteran

26-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #32

Tink,
i hope your Mum's surgery went well and that your Dad is a little better x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
26-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #33

Tink, i hope everything went ok for your mum with her surgery xx Thats good to hear that your dad is getting better

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
29-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #34

Hi all,

Sorry didn't update. Been exhausted and recuperating from the stressful days I spent tending two ailing parents..who love to fight and bicker constantly as well
Mom made it through fine, just in pain. Dad is much more stable but is to be kept on close watch for any recurring fluid in the lungs/heart. His dialysis will be scheduled soon enough. I worry about him as he's a bit in denial and assures us he can drive..and sometimes he could but other times I was gripping the railings clenching my teeth. I worry he'll get in an accident but he's a very stubborn man and did not appreciate suggestions to not drive...sigh.
Was pretty much their chef, housemaid, chaueffer, and therapist/referee and even though I've been home since Friday night, I'm only now starting to feel myself again, lol.
Doesn't help they are struggling to keep their heads above water in bills. Their mortgage is simply too high and even with my Mom working they are not making the bills. She'd like to downsize but Dad is adamant about finding a way to keep that house. I wish he wasn't so stubborn. They don't need a house so large and I don't think my Mom is well enough to work enough hours to cover the mortgage. Ah, old stubborn man.. and then my mom calls and vents to me about it. Of course I feel torn in a tug of war. Don't want to take sides..puts me in a tough spot and they don't seem to understand the toll it takes on me as they take turns complaining about each other while all the while both their health is not so great. Sheesh.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #35

What a stressful time for you Tink ........ I hope that you will be able to draw breath and cuddle your furbabes and centre yourself again.

It's never easy to go against your parents even though you know you are in the right.

Catsey Veteran

29-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #36

Tink, good to hear from you.
As i did the daily i was just wondering how you were getting on.
I'm glad your Mum's surgery went ok and that your Dad is a little better, that's great news.
The driving is a tricky one. A man i know who is a very proud man in his nineties recently had to go into hospital, he was still driving although unsafe. I think the hospital staff intervened and he no longer drives.