Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #1

Spicy Saturday Thread

Goodness, it's late and no daily thread yet!

It's very spicy in our house today, I unwrapped the Christmas cake and fed another couple of tablespoons of rum into it - I think I'm going to have to serve it by the spoonful rather than cut it into slices I've left it out in the kitchen for an hour or so to dry off!

Then I set to work with my new food processor and now I have a huge potful of spicy braised red cabbage chugging away in the oven. When it's cold I'll bag it up in 2 person potions (there's enough for 12 ) and freeze it. It's something we all love and so festive with its bright colour and spiciness.

The bad luck with appliances struck again last night (or so I thought) The extractor hood over the hob went pop and stopped working! Turns out it was only the fuse that blew but it killed the 2 light bulbs in there and I don't have any spares, so off to the hardware shop on Monday!

Enjoy what's left of the day and have a good day tomorrow too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #2

Re: Spicy Saturday Thread

Hi, MrtH! You are really having problems with appliances lately! That cabbage recipe sounds interesting, could you post it in the recipe sticky when you have a moment?

Horrid weather here, 0 (33 F); it's still rain coming down but the forecasters say it will definitely turn to snow as the temps drop during the day: 3 to 4 " expected. I'll have the camera ready for a pic if it isn't too dark. I do hate being stuck indoors in weather like this; had to skip the library run. Ah well, supposed to be over tonight and bright sun tomorrow. Hope it's a nice day for all.

Edited: at 11:13 it has turned to snow .. aargh!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #3

Hello MrsH and dandysmom!

I love the sound of your spicy kitchen MrsH - I wish we had smellacam! I quite like red cabbage, but I am alone in that! And I'm not sure it would go as well with beef.

Sorry about your weather Eileen - sounds absolutely foul. Wet and cold -not good for anyone. I wonder if you will get some snow - hope it doesn't cause you any problems and clears away magically when you want to go out again.

I wonder if I am catching MrsH's appliance flu?? My keyboard is sticky and I am really having to watch the screen for missing letters and going back to correct. Not too bad when it's Catsey, but I've been doing some transcription work this afternoon and it's a right pain. Could just be the batteries - or not. These modern keyboards don't last a year.

Hope you manage to get the right lightbulbs MrsH. There's another possible problem as I think you can only buy energy saving ones now - not sure if that applies to all bulbs though.

I've been playing about on FotoFlexer this afternoon, but lost what I was playing with!!! Expletive deleted!!!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

05-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #4

Angie, I was playing in PB last night, and couldn't find the red hat in the Stickers! Other hats, snowflakes, lipstick marks, glasses and tons of other things, but no red hat!!???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
05-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #5

31 degrees here and a frost. Expecting snow tonight. Wondering if I can taunt Mr. Scrooge (K) outta bed for some Christmas shopping in town this weekend

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Angie, I was playing in PB last night, and couldn't find the red hat in the Stickers! Other hats, snowflakes, lipstick marks, glasses and tons of other things, but no red hat!!???
That is SO ODD! I wonder if there is a variation in the US/UK site? That's the only reason I can think of.

Catsey Veteran

05-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #7

I have no idea either; will try Fotofexer later and see. I was hoping for some holly sprigs to work on a Christmas card.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-12-2009, 10:17 PM   #8

Well, I'm becoming a real laptop slut; sitting here watching Orlando on DVD and typing at the same time. Everything I said I wouldn't do!!

Been shopping for Christmassy bits . . . house and table decorations rather than presents (that'll come next week when the credit card has cleared ). Some nice silver bits came home with me from hobby craft

Dominik did this amazing picture this morning; I asked him to sit whilst I had a shower and he got his felt pens out . . . the result was a stunning likeness of a Joan Miro painting If I remember to take it to the office I'll scan it . . . I was impressed!!

Catsey Veteran

05-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #9

I'd love to see that pic, Yola! Budding artist there. Our snow is still coming down but as the temp is hovering just around freezing it's not sticking too well, thank heaven.

I don't especially feel Chrismassy; have already gotten three cards and not even started mine yet......