Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
05-10-2022, 08:54 AM   #1

Wednesday daily

Good morning ladies,
Wednesday evening here, 8pm and we're in the middle of a hail storm. It's been raining on and off all day, very cold and thunder and lightning most of the early evening. It's very windy outside now and I'm praying that my conservatory roof isn't going to start leaking again. The cats are terrified of the noise of the hail stones and are hiding behind the lounge chairs. Christchurch has a heavy snow watch in place for tonight unfortunately, so Janna may find it hard to get to work tomorrow if the buses are taken off the road. I'm hoping not.

One of the lights isn't working in the lounge. The fittings were all removed for the re-painting and I don't know if the electrician has rewired this one properly. It's definitely not the bulb. At least I still have three other lights in there that do work.

My magpies came back last night and boy, they were hungry. I'm not sure if they have had babies yet, but last year, they bought their babies with them. I hope they do this year. No sign of Jack and Vera for a couple of days now, so I hope they're OK.

Hilary, a friend from the mastiff club, has asked me if I would look after her English Mastiff, Pearl, for a weekend at the end of October while she and her partner go away.I said yes, but I really should have declined ,as Pearl would kill my cats if she could get hold of them and I'm afraid she might go through the glass doors to get to them( She has gone thru a glass door before). Hilary was very good to me after I lost Willow and so I feel I owe her, but it's going to mean I'll have to keep my cats in a separate part of the house. She can't really go into kennels as she's too aggressive towards strangers but she knows me . She's not quite as tall as Willow was but just as heavy and very spoilt, so hopefully she'll behave herself if I take her out for a walk and do as she's told, otherwise she'll miss her walk.

It's been 3 months today since I lost Dickens, so I'm going to post a tribute to him on Catsey by the end of this weekend, whether I cry or not. I said a Rosary for him this afternoon with his ashes beside me and I included Loona and Reuben in it as well.

We just had pumpkin soup and toast for tea tonight - lovely on a cold night.- followed by a Banoffee donut. Yum.

PAMELA,Robyn's training sounds as if it's going really really well. You must be so pleased to have found this trainer for her. He sounds as if he has a great deal of empathy for the dog too. I hope her test in a week's time shows that her training is heading in the right direction. How was your nephew's 21st yesterday ? I hope he had a wonderful day and thoroughly enjoyed himself. That birthday cake sounds nice. Pamela, I'm sure you'll have a great time in Birmingham. Have a safe flight there and back- it'll be lovely to get away and just relax. You have a lot on your plate with working and looking after three dogs AND putting one through a training programme, so it will be lovely to just give yourself a bit of a breather. The dogs will be fine with Steven for a few days. Hope Loona is continuing to improve day by day.

SHELLEY I bet you enjoyed your Doll Club meeting last weekend and then to have an Indian takeaway afterwards would have been the icing on the cake.. I was amazed at Malaika's cleverness at refusing to sit properly on the stone floor at his training classes. Good for him. At least he knows his own mind. I'm so pleased that he was allowed to sit on a small mat instead. I hope the other dogs didn't notice ,because they might have insisted on having mats as well !!! Cold bottoms are no fun. I think Malaika is a very intelligent fella. I'm glad to hear that Reuben is holding his own and is eating well. Always a good sign. He's obviously still enjoying his short walks as well, so I'm pleased that he's able to enjoy life. Your dad will be pleased, as Reuben must be very special to him.

Well ladies, it's still hailing like crazy here and getting very cold ,so I'll go and cuddle my hot water bottle and see what's on TV.
Have a fantastic Wednesday Pamela and Shelley and hope the weather is a bit better for you than it is here.
Travel safe, Pamela.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-10-2022, 09:35 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday daily

Hello ladies.
Day off today, had a good week at work so far.
I do enjoy my job.

I'm going to send my book file to the online printers again.
They did one file assessment and it still needed a bit of work.
The company are expensive but extremely supportive so looking good.
Belting down here so a quick dog walk, then I'm going to make vegetarian hot pot.
Got lots of parcels to post from dolls I've sold.
Pamela, Malaika got to gold in training, practically unheard of for a basenji at that time.
However she couldn't actually pass the assessment as each time she seemed to know and started to behave in a silly manner.
After 2 attempts we gave up.
Kwame only reached bronze as when he started going for other dogs in class I finished.
The trainer quite shockingly did an alpha roll on him.
Hope Robyns training is going well and glad you enjoyed your nephews special day.
Dinky, a tribute to your beloved Dickens would be lovely when you are ready.
Gosh you are very good looking after your friends mastiff, it's a very big ask.