Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
20-09-2022, 05:26 AM   #1

Tuesday daily.

Good morning ladies.
It's Tuesday 3.30pm here and a pleasantly warmish day with no rain.The painters arrived at 8am this morning and are still busy working but I think they've nearly finished now. My poor cats haven't been let out of the bedroom yet, but they haven't long to wait now (I hope).They'll be able to stay up extra late tonight ,as Janna has the next 2 days off work. She's working until 5.30 pm tonight so at least she'll be home before it gets really dark. Janna normally doesn't go to bed before 2am if she's not working the next day. The poor cats were so pleased to finally get out of the bedroom yesterday. Mind you, it took them about 20 minutes to come out slowly and sniff all around the lounge to ensure there were no painters hiding there. Only then did they calm down enough to come into the kitchen and rub against me.

I've been home all day and was hoping to finish my Bible essay ,but couldn't seem to settle down to do it.I think it was all the noise coming from the lounge. They also had a radio going loudly all day which didn't help at all. I'm normally very quiet and that's what the cats are used to as well. No wonder they're freaking out.

I sat up and watched most of the Queen's funeral last night. Just didn't see the end part where her coffin left the church for the private ceremony.I found it very moving . How terrible it must be to grieve in public ,as the Royal family have to do. I think the Queen will be deeply missed - she was a good woman. I hope Charles has enough stamina to carry on in her footsteps.

Pumpkin soup for tea tonight ,then I might work for a while on my essay. We still won't have the TV or lights /heat in the lounge as the painters will now contact the electricians to come and reinstall them. I hope they are able to come quickly.

PAMELA, I'm glad you had yesterday off work. It's never nice going back when you've been off for a while, but you'll be fine when you get there. It'll be nice to catch up with your team today anyway, and meet the manager. It's great that you managed to get all the rest of the snuffle mats made yesterday, and those shelves sound just the thing. It's all in how you present things, I know.

I hope your dad got away safely yesterday AND I'm so sorry to hear that Loona is unwell again. Poor girl and your poor in-laws. They must be so worried about her. Is it gastric torsion again ? Thank heavens she's back at the vets - it's the best place for her. I will start my prayers for her again.It does seem strange that she is getting bloat ,because it's normally very prevalent in the deep chested breeds such as mastiffs and the giant ,thickset breeds. However my old boss had a German Shepherd who had an attack of it, so I guess it doesn't always follow. I do hope all goes well for her.Pamela.

Good luck with becoming a moderator. It would be fun to see a thriving forum again, but in the meantime, I ,too, am enjoying the chats the three of us have.

SHELLEY,I hope you had a safe trip back from Surrey and are now back at work and quietly planning your next holiday away. It won't take long to come around. Did you buy much at the doll fair ? I hope you got some great bargains.

Well ladies, I'm off now to feed my birds, then say a special Rosary for Reuben and Loona. Have a really good Tuesday , both of you.