Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
19-09-2022, 06:59 AM   #1

Monday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Monday 5.20pm here and it's been a warmish afternoon although very cold this morning with a bit of rain.Good news - the painters FINALLY came this morning. They were 2 nice guys -Scottie and Hayden - and they arrived at 8am and left at 4.30pm. They took down all the wallpaper ,plastered the walls and are coming back tomorrow at 8am again to do the painting. I've got 2 big fans going in the lounge all night to make sure the plaster is dry - that's another big power bill this month that I've got to look forward to.My poor cats have been locked in the bedroom all day. I couldn't let them out because the front door and lounge windows were wide open. They're out now and I'll take them outside longer tonight if they want to go. They only have to go through it again tomorrow, and then I'll have to get the electricians back to replace the light fittings, heat pump and big TV. I really wanted to see the Queen's funeral on TV tonight but I can watch it on the computer instead,minus sound unfortunately.

The doctor saw my arm on Friday and the red streaks are fading a bit now and it's not stiff anymore. Got to go back again this Friday and I'm on antibiotics until then.

Nothing much else to report. I just spent the weekend fuming about the "no show" of the painters and moaning that I am sick of living in the kitchen. Poor Janna had to put up with me in a bad mood all weekend. She was probably pleased that she could escape by going to work. She's been working today as well but finished at 5pm so will be home soon.

Mince and cheese pies, kumara and peas for tea tonight. - nice and easy.

PAMELA, that's sounds like a fun ride you had with Kirsty the other day. Wow - 7 hours is a long time. The chips, coffee and cake would have been welcome after all that bike riding.I suppose you'll be back at work this week. I hope it goes well. AND I hope your dad has a great flight to Bulgaria today and a fun time with his friends. He will be looking forward to it. I hope you and Steven are all over your coughs and colds now and Robyn is continuing to be a good girl for you. Also I hope that Mia is 100% over her sickness now.

SHELLEY, I'm not sure if you came back from Surrey yesterday or are traveling back today. If so, safe traveling. It sounds as if you had a wonderful time there with your friends and I do hope you found some good bargains at the doll fair. yesterday .Did you have items to sell or were you just looking to buy ? You certainly need some nice new items to put in that freshly painted doll room upstairs. !!!

Well ladies, I'm off to take the cats out now, before Janna gets home and then she can take over watching them while I go and prepare the tea.

Have a great Monday Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-09-2022, 09:40 PM   #2

Re: Monday daily.

Evening Dinky,

So glad to hear the painters finally came and are coming again to finish the work off. I do hope your fuel bills haven't jumped like ours have. Did the cats want to go outside? I hope Janna gad a good day at work.did you get to watch the funeral today? We watched most of it.

Shelley, how was the doll fair? Did you get the doll room finished?

Not really been upto much today. Made the rest of my snuffle mats for next weekend. Going yo get a couple more big bases as I have enough material left for them so may as well use them. I also ordered stands to display things on my stall as the mats all lie flat so want to make things stand out so got a couple of options now. Also found out that Loona has taken another turn fir the worse today on her 1st birthday �� she is back in the vets overnight so hoping they can sort whatever has gone wrong. Will hopefully get an update tomorrow. We are back to work tomorrow and I'm going into the office for a while as one of the managers is up here for a few days.

I've also messaged Az to ask if I can become e a moderator so we can have new members join. Would be lovely to see the forum busy again although I do like just the 3 of us chatting as well! I don't think I will be given the access though

Have a great week ladies.