Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
14-09-2022, 06:15 AM   #1

Wednesday daily.

Good morning ladies.
Wednesday 4pm here and it's come out nice and warm, after terrible rain and hail storms last night and this morning. I got up through the night to check nothing was leaking and all was well, thank goodness. The painters were meant to come on Monday, but there has been no sign of them. I rang the builders yesterday to see if they had any idea where they were, and Byron, one of the painters rang me yesterday afternoon to say sorry, they've just been so busy and that they will "try" and come on Thursday. He sounded about 12 years old and didn't exactly inspire much confidence when he asked me what I wanted done. ! I thought my insurance company would have at least sent them the brief about the damage and repairs to date. Hopefully they will come tomorrow because it's horrible being squashed up in the kitchen all day with no heating , no room to move and no privacy.

I went by bus to St Martins this morning - got soaked, but wanted to go to the big supermarket there for cat tubes (they were on special ,so it was worth it). I ended up buying 7 packs, which should last a fortnight, if I'm lucky. I also bought a really nice carrot cake with cream cheese icing and it's so yummy. I promised my sister half of it, but she'd better hurry up and get it before I've eaten it all. Gosh I'm so greedy.

Janna's doing another late shift at work until 9pm tonight so won't be home until around 10pm.I'm on my own again tonight and I'm not looking forward to it. It's her first pay day today, but as yet ,it hasn't turned up in her account.She's looking forward to seeing what she gets.Tonight at Te Pae, she's covering a school Principals conference, so what that entails, she's not sure.

My arm hasn't changed at all, but it's definitely no worse. I'm going to wear gloves in the future when I brush the cats (if I ever brush them again). Michele ,my vet, told me once that the worse bite she ever got was from a cat and it, too, got infected. Once I get the cats shaved, they won't need brushing for ages anyway.

PAMELA,it sounds as if you had an interesting day yesterday. Robyn and Mia would have loved that nice long walk. Thank goodness Mia is now well enough to go on a long walk again.Poor Barney having to stay home, but you're only doing what's best for him. It's so sad when your dog can't do all the things he/she used to do so easily, I know. At least he can still go on shorter walks and enjoy them. Did you manage to get a new pair of motorcycle trousers yesterday ? AND what a fun time you would have had last night at crazy golf with your work team. It must have been good to compare yourselves with the team from Birmingham. Who ended up with the most points ?

Shelley, it sounds as if you also had a fun weekend.Fancy having a turn at bell tolling on Friday. That was special and something you wouldn't do every day. Our big cathedral in the Square used to have very talented bell tollers and the bells were beautiful to listen to. Unfortunately ,the cathedral was destroyed during our big earthquakes, and as yet, it hasn't been rebuilt. I'm sure you enjoyed that special service at the church on Sunday too. Yes, it does seem strange that we now have a king and not a queen. I can't think of Charles as king - I still see him as a prince. I suppose we'll get used to the idea of King Charles eventually. The man has certainly waited a long time to be King. AND poor Reuben. I'm sorry the vet couldn't do anything for his eyes. Your father must be worried about him. It is terrible when animals get older, but at least we, as pet owners, can make things as easy as possible for them. I will keep Reuben in my prayers, Shelley. I'm sorry too, that Kwame doesn't get on with him, but at least you're aware of it and keep them separated.

Well ladies, I'm off to feed the wild birds now. I can hear them all chirping.

Have a fantastic Wednesday and may the sun shine for you both today..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
14-09-2022, 08:13 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday daily.

Good morning Dinky and Shelley,

Your cake sounds lovely Dinky! I don't think i could leave half of it whilst it was sitting there. I do hope the painters arrive for you on Thursday so you can get settled back into your living room. That was good though that there was no leaks last night. You must be relieved. Jannas shift sounds interesting.

The golf was good, i came last in my team as there were a few shots that you had to hit the ball up a hill and im not very good at them so it made me do more shots to get it to where it had to go but it was all in fun. Overall, the Glasgow team team did much better than the team in Birmingham so thats the main thing A few of us walked back into town and one of the team took the others in the car. It was a nice night so i wanted to walk with the guys. They had decided that the ladies were all going to go in the car and the guys would walk but i thats not me and then the other ladies in the team decided they were also walking so it was 4 of the guys who ended up in the car. I felt like a trend setter last night haha.

I gave Robyn the big box of toys we had put away as Barney and Mia never played with them and it was funny watching her take every one out the box to have a chew but she did put a few of them away before picking a new one so i am going to try and train that so we dont need to put them back!! Not sure what the plan is today. I am going for a run tonight with my friend. My first run in about 5month so will see how that goes if i go!

Shelley, how was work yesterday? I hope you had a good day. Have a great day off today as well

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-09-2022, 08:40 AM   #3

Hello ladies,
Off today so I will be moving dolls after walking the dogs.
Howard is painting the stairs, landing and doll room.
With hundreds of dolls in, it's quite a task as you can imagine.
Moving them will give me chance to do an annual check and clean.
Off to Surrey at the weekend for another doll fair.
Travelling with friends and sharing stalls.
Dinky, so pleased you didn't find any leaks in the house.
Hope those painters turn up tomorrow.
It's possible the insurance company have told them and he was just double checking with you.
Pamela, did you get your trousers?
The team building sounds great.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
14-09-2022, 05:33 PM   #4

Thats a lot of dolls Shelley!! How did you get on moving them? Hope you do well at your fair. I need to get my finger out and actually get more made for next week. Its always nice when you have company, i always do mine on my own as none of my friends are interested in coming with me.

I am just getting ready to go for my run with my friend Sam. I have told her it will be a very slow run tonight to see how i get on. I was actually running with Robyn on our walk today and she did really well. I am now looking into canicross to possibly join with her as i think she would be great at it. Also did a litle bit of running with Mia as well as she is off lead and runs beside you which is so much better than having to hold a lead but we will get there one day with Robyn!!

Hope you ladies have had a lovely day