Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Siamese
29-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #1

Desperate Home needed for Max and Sophie

Please can anyone offer a home to these to beautys, Max a long haired silver tabby and Sophie a tortie and white girl.
If anyone is interested, i can arrange to have them brought to you if your not local to me. They will be homeless within the next 3 weeks as owners moving to newzealand.
Max is 15 and Sophie is 16, and need to be homed together, Sophie has had most of her teeth out, but can still eat perfectly well. she has never ventured out of the garden. They are lovely friendly cats, Max likes his food and sits and paws his treat cupboard. They have been owned since kittens and my friend is devastated to be leaving them, but feels the journey would be too much of an ordeal for them.
A few rescues have been approached but my friend has been advised to pts as they are too old to be rehomed they are both very healthy and happy, neutered and vaccinated.
As i said i am will to travel to deliver them to the right home where they will have lots of love and cuddles. My friend would like to stay in touch with new owner by email to see how they are doing.
So if anyone can help please PM me.

I will try and add link to photos now....

Max
[IMG]
[/IMG]

Sophie

[IMG]
[/IMG]

Catsey Junior

29-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #2

Re: Desperate Home needed for Max and Sophie

ooops sorry posted in wrong area, please can a moderator move to rescue/rehoming

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
29-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #3

Oh they are beauties, so sad for the owner Hopefully you can find somewhere for them to go. I would love to help out, but my cats would leave home I think!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #4

All good luck to you ........ lovely cats, but a hard task to rehome. Sorry, my cats would leave home too.

Catsey Junior

29-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #5

I know they are lovely, wish i could have them but i have 2 springers spaniels 8 years old, 2 cavalier king charles spaniels 9 and 10, and 2 siamese cats 4 and 5. so no room at the inn unfortunately

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
29-05-2012, 11:50 PM   #6

How irresponsible, moving to NZ and leaving the cats to whatever fate may hold in store for them, be it pts or whatever.
Sorry, but it really narks me when cat owners put their needs 1st like that. A cat is for life, the life of the cat, not until they decide it won't fit in with their life choices anymore. I know they are old but I don't understand why did the vet say they wouldn't survive the flight? Do the owners have no family who could take them on, because tbh they will more than likely be pts.
I hope they find a loving home together with a considerate owner who puts them as equal to or above themselves, but with kitten season now upon us the chances of that happening are very slim indeed.

Catsey Junior

30-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthisouthere
How irresponsible, moving to NZ and leaving the cats to whatever fate may hold in store for them, be it pts or whatever.
Sorry, but it really narks me when cat owners put their needs 1st like that. A cat is for life, the life of the cat, not until they decide it won't fit in with their life choices anymore. I know they are old but I don't understand why did the vet say they wouldn't survive the flight? Do the owners have no family who could take them on, because tbh they will more than likely be pts.
I hope they find a loving home together with a considerate owner who puts them as equal to or above themselves, but with kitten season now upon us the chances of that happening are very slim indeed.

I do agree, i would'nt leave mine either, if they were too old to travel then i wouldnt go, sadly not everyone thinks the same There are no family members that can take them, her daughter lives in a flat with her 1 year old daughter, and her son and wife have no pets and just had a new baby so they wont take them either. Iv asked everyone i know, and i already have a houseful or i would take them on
Sophie is quite timid, and the long flight and quarantine, then moving into a new house would be too much for them.
There is a santuary that my friend is considering, that would keep them for the rest of theire lives, but not the home comforts they are used to. I dont know what else to suggest.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
01-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #8

Lucy I will certainly ring around all the centres here, but please don't think I'll come up with anything, places at rescue centres for cats needing rehoming are about as rare as hen's teeth these days, everywhere's choca, but I can only try.

Please, please, anyone else, do what you can and ask around too!! Lucy is prepared to travel and get these dear cats rehomed, whatever it takes. It's a shame the family couldn't be/are not in the position to be as helpful for these cats, just when they need them the most.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
05-06-2012, 02:46 AM   #9

Im too far away but even so we have difficulties with older cats too, two of the rescues i support have cats 5& 6 years of age who have just sat for months in rescue with no interest.

I feel very sorry for these two older cats and hope that someone comes up with something for them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
05-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #10

If it wasn't for the additional cost of 2 cats, I would have them. I already have 2 cats and 3 dogs. I will ask my daughter, she works with cats and knows lots of 'cat people' she may know someone.