Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
11-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #1

Why?

There are so many cats and kittens looking for homes just now with very little movement even in the kitten sections, I thought I would post a photo of just two of them.

The lovely lady we got Tim and Amber from has stopped rescuing due to personal (health) reasons,however once involved you never really "stop" and so hard to turn down a baby animal in need. To help her I started up a rescue group on a certain social networking site so that at least we can draw those less fortunate babies to folks attention. So often I look at those little faces and think "why". Why has life dealt them such a hard blow in life. What have ever done except be born.

I know it won't help them find a home being featured on
here but perhaps the power of thought will maybe make somene out there think - what a lovely cat /kitten, I must enquire at my local rescue to bring a little one into my life

Before you go to bed tonight give your own cats/kittens special hugs & give a thought to all those little ones out there not so lucky to have "you" to love and look after them

Thls beautiful long haired black boy needs a new home due to no fault of his own, he is 18 months old, currently in a family home where sadly he is no longer wanted

This lovely little black/White girl approximately 8 weeks, was found wandering along a lonely beach. She was found by chance by a member of the public. They took her wrapped in a blanket as she was so small, thin, hungry and frightened to the lady we got our two off. Despite everything this lovely person opened her home and heart to this little kitten to make her well, feed her up so that the little one could be found a home - no one came forward to claim this little kitten - there has been no interest and she is now
approximately 10 weeks old

Please spare a positive thought for these little ones and so many others like them - they can't ask for themselves....

Thank you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
12-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #2

Re: Why?

Awwwww. Poor Babies. Makes me wish that it would be easier for me to take in a second...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #3

Before you go to bed tonight give your own cats/kittens special hugs & give a thought to all those little ones out there not so lucky to have "you" to love and look after them

That's such a kind thought Velvet, if only by the power of thought could we all help these lovely cats!

This world does have surprising moments of compassion and kindness, if only those moments could be joined together.

But the first thing surely to save more animal misery in the future is NEUTER & SPAY.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #4

The first one looks an awful lot like my Bernie, I'd love to be able to help more but I just dont have the time and space. Its all very very sad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #5

Very sad indeed.

Catsey Veteran

12-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #6

Yes Angie it cant be got across syrongly enough to neuter/spay. Some vets dont help as they tell owners 6 months & females as we all know, can come into season before this

One of the bigger rescues here has a 3 month waiting list & the one specifically for cats has a list so long it goes past keeping a list of those who want their cats/kittens taken off them & into their rescue

Just gets to Me sometimes

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
12-09-2011, 11:49 PM   #7

Oh that is so sad. The first picture looks just like my Lola. I so wish I could take in another I would take them all in if I could. I hope that these two - and all the others find forever homes soon. I wish people were more responsible for their pets!

Catsey Veteran

13-09-2011, 02:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manyana13
Oh that is so sad. The first picture looks just like my Lola. I so wish I could take in another I would take them all in if I could. I hope that these two - and all the others find forever homes soon. I wish people were more responsible for their pets!
I know but as my mother says, you can't take them all

There was a wee 8 week old kitten recently who had leg injury and had to have it's jaws wired, very pretty little kitten, if we hadn't got a kitten ourselves I would have been sorely tempted. RG managed to get the kitten a place with a lady who takes in new born &. orphans and rears them up, she said she would nurse the kitten, get her on her feet and rehome. Just. Few days before this was to happen, little kitten wasn't so well so it was put back a week. When it came time for the kitten to be moved, the Vet who had been looking after her, decided to adopt the kitten, so nice things do happen as well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
13-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #9

Very sad situation. I took Rudy, our greyhound to the vets for a dental today and there was a lady in there wanting to know what she could do with the 2nd litter of kittens her cat had. She said she didn't realise she would breed like this I just thad to say something and said she should have got her cat neutered and that most rescues are full to the brim with kittens. Stupid woman, the receptionist had a hard time keeping polite!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
13-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #10

Good on you Kim for educating the ignorant! "The receptionist had a hard time keeping polite!" Nice one. Neutering and spaying is the key.
I also had to say that to a lady recently who was whingeing that no one wants her 2nd litter of kittens, 2nd LITTER, she just couldn't understand it, 'the 1st lot went so fast' ..Makes me mad!!

I pray each night for education of the ignorant and compassion for the little ones. They have done nothing wrong, just been born to give and receive love and kindness to whoever will take them into their hearts.. I wish I could take on more, vets bills are just a crippler, this doesn't help most owners I'm sure.