Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: B&W Semi-Long Hair Moggy
Darky is Male
30-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #11

Re: Cats and Collars

My old cat Tiger and our cat Spike always absolutely loathed collars. It is impossible have Spike wear one, as it'll just drive him mental.

Honey has a collar, however, because I'm paranoid. XD Luckily he's a ridiculously tame cat and puts up with anything (he's licking my arm whilst I type this), so he is fine with collars.

His first collar was a plain black collar with clear gems, but I switched to a blue breakaway collar, for safety.

I'd get him a reflective one, but I live in the country and they just look God awful. XD

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
30-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #12

Both my cats have collars as well as being chipped. Molly looks after hers well but Jason keeps losing his, they're probably hanging on trees nearby! Just as well we buy the breakaway sort for extra safety!

Banned

Cats owned: Ginger tom cat/Bengal kitten/Per
21-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
Both my cats have collars as well as being chipped. Molly looks after hers well but Jason keeps losing his, they're probably hanging on trees nearby! Just as well we buy the breakaway sort for extra safety!
my cats are mircochipped but they are mainliy indoor cats they will go out for a bit but always stay close.

They do have collers

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
21-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #14

Mine are all indoor cats and being Persians I wouldn't entertain putting a collar on them as it damages the ruff round their neck. They do have some beautiful ones nowadays.

Banned

Cats owned: Ginger tom cat/Bengal kitten/Per
22-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
Mine are all indoor cats and being Persians I wouldn't entertain putting a collar on them as it damages the ruff round their neck. They do have some beautiful ones nowadays.
what sort of persions do you own as we have a persion female called lucy im gonna try and get some pics of her.She is mulitcolour

very timid but last night for the first time ever she let me stroke her she was head butting me and purring,i was so amazed

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
23-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #16

It sounds like she is a tortoiseshell Persian. I would love to see some pics of her. They are very affectionate.

I have a tortoiseshell, a black, a red, a red and white bi-colour, a blue-cream, a seal-point, a cream-point and 4 seal-tortie points. Quite a rainbow of Persians .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
23-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #17

Mine have collars and tags and are yet to be microchipped... it is on my list of things to do...

They have had collars since they were kittens so used to it now, but Mags's idea of a few hours a day indoors is a good way to introduce the collar!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
24-10-2007, 01:29 AM   #18

Yeh I agree on the slowly introduce it, perhaps with a bit of distraction and bribery too

As an update, I got two breakaway collars from my Vets when Fizz went for her shots. I didn't know how Fizz would handle a collar but she didn't bat an eyelid and now looks very smart in bright red

We had Bubbles microchipped while she was under for her dental and also has a nice new breakaway collar. Fizz was already chipped thanks to the CPL and Smudgely

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Flossie
06-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #19

my cat has a pink collar round her neck, with a name tag. it did have a bell, but i took it off, as she was annoying me, once when i was trying to watch tv! but, she has always had collars. she dosen't like me taking it off her, bur she'll sit as good as gold when i put a new one on her.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-10-2008, 10:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch_too
my cat has a pink collar round her neck, with a name tag. it did have a bell, but i took it off, as she was annoying me, once when i was trying to watch tv! but, she has always had collars. she dosen't like me taking it off her, bur she'll sit as good as gold when i put a new one on her.
Does she have a collar with a safety clasp on, Stitch?