Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-01-2006, 08:33 PM   #11

Re: Did something naughty last night

Hi Booktigger
Nice to meet you, what a lovely thing to do foster cats, good for you. And what you did for the cat was a lovely thing and if he is being neglected I hope they do sign him over.
But a word of caution maybe a it strong but can't think of another word but my old cat Oscar in his later years looked painfully thin - because he had Chronic Renal Failure but he was well loved, cared for and fed. But there again I wouldn't have left him out in the cold. No way just a word of advice though he may havea food allergy or something.

Take care Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
31-01-2006, 08:50 PM   #12

Well done for caring!! Realy hope this has a happy outcome for this little fellow...keep us informed

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
31-01-2006, 11:20 PM   #13

Well, I feel a bit terrible tonight!! The house where I always see him was in darkness again tonight, but something made me knock on the neighbours door - and it turns out that is where he lives!! They first sounded concerned when I asked if their neighbours had a cat, then relieved when I said I had him, and grateful when I said I would bring him back!! Turns out he is at least 15, and that is what they have put his thinness down to. I have told them that thinness in elderly cats is normally due to an illness rather than age, and left it at that. So, it might not have been that he would have been left out too long, just that I was looking at the wrong house!! Fortunately though they didn't seem too annoyed. so I am back to saying morning to this cat, so will be keeping an eye on him. He doesn't look that old either - wish I had taken a pic of him now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
31-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #14

Often things are just not as straight forward as they seem are they

Well done for caring and let us know how he gets on...

Almost a Veteran Member

31-01-2006, 11:30 PM   #15

Certainly not in this case - I did have niggles last night cos I knew he had an owner, and it didn't matter how many people told me that i was doing it for the cats welfare, I still wasn't convinced. So does look like my gut instinct was right.

Catsey Veteran

31-01-2006, 11:56 PM   #16

Hi Booktigger I am pleased you have found his owner and they do care, I wouldn't have been annyed either just relieved he was okay and someone cared enough to step in, and help him and that he wasn't hurt.

Did he have a "baggy" belly undercarriage i most eldery cats do, and lots don't look their age '
I mean here is an example my Cleo does she look 23?

Almost a Veteran Member

01-02-2006, 12:03 AM   #17

Yeah, I think I would just be relieved/grateful. She is adorable, and certainly doesn't look his age. Not that I noticed, I think he was too thin for that. People are surprised at Molly's age as she is a tiny cat, so they think she must be a kitten.

Catsey Veteran

01-02-2006, 12:07 AM   #18

I hope they at least listened to your advice and take him to the vet. Take care and good on you for caring, and there is a small cat by me and I always have to look at her twice yet I know she must be at least 7 by now.Looks deceive don't they - I mean you'd only have to look at me to know

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
01-02-2006, 02:36 AM   #19

glad it all worked out well for you and him
but lets hope that they do try to keep him in more at nite as it is so so cold right now

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 DSH+ 1 ORIENTAL/TYPE
02-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #20

I think if it had been me,i would have taken him in,and said nowt!! The "owners" certainly wouldn't miss him, as they don't seem to care.What is that saying-what the eye doesn't see,the heart ???? dunno the rest.(Senior moment) Give him a cuddle from me.xxx