Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-07-2010, 07:49 AM   #1

Tempermental Tuesday

It's throwing a heavy shower here and we have dull grey skies, yet on the BBC I can see that London has blue skies and sunshine, like 2 different worlds, humph!

Well, yesterday we had a bit of a trauma, though Posh had gone AWOL again, cue, panic attack!
Called and called, went to her usual haunts and no sign. Little madam had crawled into the empty new mower box I'd put out in the back room ready to fill with books for the charity shop, there she was fast asleep, oblivious to my calls and distress. Found her with the locator beeper I bought, which I believed had gone faulty when it beeped loudest in the house and I thought I'd searched everywhere, Trust me not to think of boxes first eh?

Going food shopping today, Ceri with his friend for the morning, not much else planned. Need to get a curtain pole at some time too,for the spare room, the old Swish rail has had its day. Have nice bright new curtains to hang, cast- offs from a mate who has moved house and they don't fit there

See you later. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #2

Re: Tempermental Tuesday

Morning catsey folk.

Nice to see a daily starting before noon. Morning PP, locator beeper - have I missed something have you got an ASBO cat!!!!!! LOL
Have a good day how is life at home going...getting into a swing yet?

Had a rotten nights sleep woken by the police helicopter no idea what was going on could have been the motorway over the back, but once I was awake it took ages to go back to sleep.

Anyhow off to the Doc's in a minute, then taking Mom for her check up post cataract surgery. Then into work to work out my structured return (depending on Doc's visit)

Trying to fit in a bit of food shopping into that and then swimming hopefuly trying to regain basic strength and fitness without straining. At the same time I have stopped walking at present tummy started to feel "icchy" asking Doc about that today, and hopefuly he may have the results of the liver scan from a fortnight ago. Have not taken the prescription for hot sweats I thought I would leave it till the hot nights of 4 weeks ago went away in case the fact of the hot sweaty nights was "kicking off" worse hot sweats than normal seems I may have been right. Although can't rule out aking medication but whatever I take can't be forever so may as well start to go through this surgical menopause without medication if possible...."positive thinking" so see you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #3

Afternoon PP, Kazz! What a good thing you've got that locator for the little minx - an excellent bit of kit for the kitty! Do you have a link or details you could post about that PP in case others would like to get one for their rovers???? Bet you'll remember - in future, always look in the boxes first!

Sorry about "iccyness" Kazz - hope all goes well at the doc's.

It is very humid and hot here today - we have had a bit of rain, but not really all that - the clouds have been threatening a storm, but nothing much has happened, apart from the rain has brought Squiffy in. He is one happy cat - I have some photos to post later.

OH has got my Walkman to work - so I just need to get the CD player working so I can upload stuff to the computer and then you can just drag and drop on to the Walkman. It's incredible - only about 4.5 x 8.5 cm I'm thinking about new old stuff to download!!!

Have a good day all - it's definitely a 3 ice cube in drink day today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #4

Here's the link to the page online that deals with locators for pets; invaluable and I'll try and post a pic of Posh wearing her ASBO tag

http://www.loc8tor.co.uk/Store/Loc8torPets.aspx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #5

What a great idea - thanks for the link PP. Perhaps I could use one to locate Pip's collars? He can only keep one it seems for about 4 days!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #6

Hi, all! Back to seasonable temps here: 29 C (83 F). sunny, less humid and the nice breeze. I was so lucky to only lose power in our neighborhood for 15 1/2 hours; there are still whole communities without it still. To the other market for Leia's food, then the library. Any of you read Alys Clare? She writes a good series of medieval mysteries, quite like Brother Caedfel, and equally good IMO, set in Richard the Lionhearted's time.

Think boxes, PP! Thank God for that locator. Glad you're able to download music now, Angie, have fun... so much good stuff out there to listen to! Kazz, in my experience, those nasty hot flashes are always worse in Summer; rarely got them in the Winter waiting for a bus in 20 degree weather! Who said life is fair?

Have a good day......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #7

Hello everyone,
hope your docs appointment goes well Kazz.
Angie i'm glad you have your mp3 player sorted, i'm afraid i've not moved onto them yet but think they're marvellous things.
Eileen hope you found some good books at the library.
PP i'm so glad Posh wasn't realy missing, the little minx.
Went to town first thing in the lashing rain, quick look around carboot then to next to have a look at the sale, just got some work pants.
Got some outstanding jobs done this afternoon, have been trying to find out if my son is up to date with his tetanus, they had no records at the medical centre but apparently children are given the last booster at age 15 so i know i will have made him have it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
27-07-2010, 08:11 PM   #8

hi, all. feel a bit drained today, i think maybe allergies are acting up.
Solomon and Kuan Yin are playing chase around the house and I'm deciding whether to be lazy or productive today

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #9

Feeling drained is probably your body telling you what to do. Be lazy today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
28-07-2010, 12:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Feeling drained is probably your body telling you what to do. Be lazy today.
Well only cuz you say so!!