Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #11

Re: Fabulous Friday Fred!

Sorry you're feeling so bad Yola, i don't blame you. I hope your step daughter can house sit for you and look after Fifi.
Probably Sebi is picking up on your stress and acting up.
It's the hardest job in the world being a parent.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #12

Hope it gets better Yola why can't you go on holiday? when do you go won't Fifi "be sorted by then"?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #13

Oh Yola, just one damn thing after another; so sorry (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
23-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #14

Hello all, 83 degrees here with a slight breeze
I awoke to a surprise on my porch. My girlfriend's boss had a lot of embroidery things leftover from his mother and he wanted them to go to someone who enjoyed them. I've been meaning to pick it up but so busy lately so I guess she decided to just drop them off for me. Wow it is A LOT of stuff! I'm having fun going through it. There's even a siamese cat print on fabric that I will just have to do SOMETHING with!!
Solomon is friskier than ever this morning. Those meds must be kicking in, for he's tearing around the house like a little furry lunatic So much for taking it easy after his neuter I've also heard some high pitched pathetic meows out of him this morning everytime he would like to ask for something..such as a door being closed on him while he was quite content playing in the hall and crying that he is Lonely and can't believe I left him be for thirty seconds
Need to do some serious cleaning around here and maybe pop out in the yard to read in the sun. Our first strawberry is a deep red and ready to be ate Might even stop off at the library too...
Alice in Wonderland arrived in the mail today from my Netflix queue...excited to watch Depp's performance in this one. I really tend to like that style of movie.
Have a good day, all

Catsey Veteran

23-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #15

Oh that's really nice about the embroidery stuff; lots of fun going thru it And love the description of Solomon carrying on: I see you've learned that Siamese speak in Capital Letters to emphasize what they are Saying! First strawberry ... yum!!

Catsey Veteran

23-07-2010, 11:57 PM   #16

LOL, I think Doreen Tovey had it exactly right how she described her cats that way with the Capital Letters. I've been re-reading some of her books for fun since it's been a few years and to celebrate Solomon of course
There is a HUGE box of stuff plus three bags to go through..I am definitely going to need my caffeine fix before sorting through all of it. Included are some very nice blankets and totes and sheets. Those will come in handy as I am almost constantly changing bedding around here for the animals as they all seem to think a fresh blanket needs water splashed all over it until it is soaked There is a very nice one that I guess you could call a quilt, it's quite thick and has the alphabet on it, I set it on the ferret's bed and they are going nuts, new smells are ALWAYS exciting! There is some yarn too and things for crochet that I'm not familiar with so not sure what I should do with that just yet. Scraps of fabric too..and felt. I saw a project for making a felt owl maybe I will do that, thing is about felt is you can't really run it through the wash so once it's done it's done..hmmm. I'll take a pic of the Siamese bit for you. I'm not sure what it is, I think it is maybe a banner that you would hang?

Catsey Veteran

24-07-2010, 02:14 AM   #17

LOL, I knew you'd pick up on the Capital Letters ...I must re-read them also, been a while. Love to see the Siamese bit. Getting parcels like that is sort of like a grab bag .... never know what's going to be in it. So ferrets are like cats with New Smells??? Didn't know that, but makes sense. How are Kuan Yin and Hesiia with the New Boy today?

Catsey Veteran

24-07-2010, 04:19 AM   #18

Have you ever read Era Zistel? She's another that you can re-read, love her books too
Take a pic of the Siamese tonight, K is hogging the camera. He's gotten a wild hair and decided to rummage through all the storage and finally get rid of all the things we don't really need by listing them for sale. Which is nice to get rid of clutter..but he's busy taking pics, answering emails, and sending off packages I'll be quiet though as I wish he'd done that forever ago K seems to think it's a tapestry. Funny how I should get that right around now! Also another cute tote bag with cats all over it, I like this woman's style
Oh yes, New Smells are the Best Thing in the ferret world. They will literally roll their bodies all over it and dance with joy then revisit and start the process all over again, they even do it with fresh laundry
Kuan Yin seems to be a little more at ease with Solomon today. Maybe because his bits were taken off? She's raising a tentative paw here and there when he tries to engage in play when before she would growl and stalk off. Hestia has rendered him harmless and decided it would be okay to share me today while I read (her at my feet, him at my head). At one point I dished out some canned food for him because he's a growing boy and the girls gathered around as well and it was three cats with one bowl all having a face off Solomon was a gentlemen and lay low on the floor with his head on his paws and said "Ladies first" and waited until they each took turns and done before he dived in and devoured it (they really don't eat much of canned but when someone New is eating it, then it must be delicious )