Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #1

Friday

Well the weather is rainy and windy here. Cold too the wind is biting but you'll never appreciate the sun unless you have rain.

Meal went well last night, really enjoyed it.

Eaine hope you feel a bit better today and Yola ....OUCH

Off to do a bit of shopping see you all later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #2

Re: Friday

Finger is sore, but manageable. It's a pain having to keep it dry - showering with a washing up glove on is a novelty . . .

Off to run a few errands now and need to be back lunchtimeish as the scaffolders are coming to start putting up at the back of my and my neighbours house. The boys are rather fascinated . . .

Weather is OK at the moment, spurts of rain but sun inbetween. It's a bit breezy though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
16-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #3

Morning everyone! Last night's rain has probably completely filled our 2nd water butt, so the sun can come back now as we'll have enough water for a couple of weeks at least. The soil here is slightly acid so hydrangeas, camellias, azaleas etc. grow well, but our tap water is from underground aquifers somewhere in the (chalky) south of England and is fairly hard so we always try to avoid using tap water for the garden.

Naughty doggie ate my little crossword solver from the top of the coffee table overnight. He sleeps in the hall but as OH said this morning "The sitting-room door didn't get properly closed last night" conveniently not mentioning that actually he was last out of there and it was all his fault! I only use the solver as a last resort when I'm really, really stuck. Good job I had a spare one upstairs!

Catsey Veteran

16-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #4

Okay I have to ask before going out Yola why are you having scaffolding put up? have the stairs broken

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
16-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #5

Suuny and dry here - busy morning caught a feral I have never seen and he is at the vets currently

The Clan are all hale and enjoying the sunshine after the rain of the other day, the dogs want to play ball whatever the weather so got wet yesterday.

The dogs are going to play in their run shortly as I have to clean the inside pen for Harper so he can recover nicely inside

So off for a shower also got to fit in human doctor this afternoon to get all clear for my nasty bite thing!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Okay I have to ask before going out Yola why are you having scaffolding put up? have the stairs broken
Nope - if the stairs were broken I'd be looking into installing a lift We are having the windows, drain pipes, fascia boards painted . . . goodness they make a noise shouting and clattering around out there!

Turns out the gaffer lives next door to the boys' school. Small world.

MrsH - your OH and mine must have similar genes . . . mine ALWAYS does that, inferring that 'someone' did this and 'someone' did that. I challenge him to come right out and accuse me but he always bottles it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #7

OMG! the clock is beating me today so much to do and not enough time! I had an early start as well. Up at 7am, vaccuuming and dusting done, beds stripped and made up, coz I'm having my stepdaughter and hubby and Tom stay over the w/e for me to go to London. Tehn got interrupted by parents looking for a cheaper deal on house insurance and I'm the computer savvy one (!) and gets them a better deal online.

Now must attend to the school run, make tea, make out a list of Ceri's meds for daughter to follow and pack my bags, have a exfoliating shower and do girl stuff, legs, eyebrows etc. phew !

see you later, if I can x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #8

Some news here for once: we had a 3.7 magnitude earthquake here at 5:04 AM... and of course I slept thru it! Was astonished when I switched on the morning news; they're unusual here. No damage or loss of life.

A warm start to the day: sunny, 31 C (88 F), not much breeze; no errands so a lie-in.

Oh, and Leia was right, we do have a mouse! I saw it skitter across the kitchen floor last evening and vanish behind the stove ... wish she'd catch it!

Yola, glad the cut is better; Liz, hope your bite is coming along well also. PP, have a great time in London. Didn't know you were a fellow crossword fan, MrsH.

Enjoy the day.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #9

PP hope you have a great time in London.
Eileen, a mouse (oh no) , i like them but only outside , glad no one was injured in the earth quake.
Been catching up with old friends today, two of them.
Tonight we are going to a friends 50th birthday so will start getting ready soon.
Sunny and rainy here, we have a hosepipe ban and have had flash floods nearby .

Catsey Veteran

16-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
OMG! the clock is beating me today so much to do and not enough time! I had an early start as well. Up at 7am, vaccuuming and dusting done, beds stripped and made up, coz I'm having my stepdaughter and hubby and Tom stay over the w/e for me to go to London. Tehn got interrupted by parents looking for a cheaper deal on house insurance and I'm the computer savvy one (!) and gets them a better deal online.

Now must attend to the school run, make tea, make out a list of Ceri's meds for daughter to follow and pack my bags, have a exfoliating shower and do girl stuff, legs, eyebrows etc. phew !

see you later, if I can x

Have I missed something are you going away to London too see a show or something? I am sorry I need to pay attention.