Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #1

Tuesdays chat

Well Good morning all.

Off to drop Mom and Dad off for their day coach trip to Melton Mowbray.

Not planning on doing anything today, was going out for a meal with friends tonight but put off till Thursday now. Going out with Leeroy and Yvonne tomorrow (if he gets all clear from his consultant today Leeroy is the one with the badly broken/smashed right arm. he had the pin taken out of his wrist week before last due to infection)

Surprising how many people have given up their time to go out for meals/lunches/pictures etc with me since I have been out of action lately so nice of them.

Anyhow off now. See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #2

Re: Tuesdays chat

Morning Kazz! Hope your folks enjoy their day out in Melton Mowbray and don't eat too many pork pies!

An extremely gloomy day here - almost need to put lights on. We have had some rain in the night, but no puddles, so it couldn't have been much. Not raining now but I don't think it will be long before it does. I've opened the greenhouse - everything is really still after the last few windy days. I felt quite guilty seeing Squiffy off after his breakfast this morning, but my two are out enjoying the cooler weather. I have tried hard not to get attached to that little Squiffs, but I must admit to feeling happy to see him each day.

OH came home from golf yesterday having pulled a muscle in his back and not having had a good afternoon. He also had a bad night and I have left him sleeping - best thing I think. I got MIL up and she's now in her chair asleep after her breakfast. So I'm here on Catsey trying not to make too much noise!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
13-07-2010, 10:35 AM   #3

Morning!
Darcy and I have been up for a while, out for a walk-so nice now it's cooled down a bit.
Had a bit of a wrestle with Imogen, poor thing has scratched her left eye and needs drops twice a day. She's very good bless her and her eye is looking better this morning, much less weepy.
Got a dentist appointment this afternoon then looking forward to doing a bit more knitting and generally not expending much energy!

Catsey Veteran

13-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #4

Nice to see you PL - do you have some time off work???

What are you knitting?

Sorry, just need to add - poor Imogen! and put in a plea for some photos of her and Darcy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #5

Afternoon all! Just started really belting down with rain here now, glad Posh and Ceri have been out for an airing this morning

I've got a chicken in the oven on a slow roast, ironing to do and some clearing up in the spare room so that I can put the bed-settee up for my w/e lodgers

Liz, great to hear from you, is the knitting for a special event yes to Imogen&Darcy pics from me too.
Angie, its so nice to have a bit of quiet, I fully understand the pressures of you dear MIL's condition, lets hope she's having nice daydreams.
Kazz, enjoy your lunches, hope your parents have a nice break too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #6

Hectic this morning as my sash window repair man arrived at 7.30. Thankfully I was washed and dressed

Had to lock the cats in the sitting room (Fifi and Myshka) as Bob'll be in and out the back door all day with the windows. Also 1st and 2nd floor windows will be out and that daft Mysh is so curious that he'll be out head first before anyone notices! Balie's shut in the bathroom as I can risk him toiletting on the rugs or sofas.

It is the boys' last full day at school today so we went in armed with gifts for teachers and other staff. Still have some cards for them to give out. I'm feeling a little tearful - after all, Dominik started there in pre-nursery when he was just 2 . . . they have a leavers assembly tomorrow late morning so I'd better take a box of tissues with me and then that'll be it until the new school in September!

I too have a dentist's appointment this afternoon. It is to repair a cracked tooth so that's another £100+ up the swanee

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #7

Hi all. More needed rain overnight, but has left everything very steamy: the humidity is 81%, and I'm not one to complain about it usually, but it's a bit much! Cooler and very overcast, 24 C ( 74 F), with more t'storms this afternoon. Finally got to the library to change books and the other market for Leia's Fancy Feast chicken.

Sorry Ian's pulled a back muscle, Angie, that's so painful. Has he tried the Celadin? Yola, PL, condolences - dentist, ugh! Kazz, enjoy the lunch. Second the pic request!

Hope the rest of the day goes well for all.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
13-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #8

We've had some rain today! We have 2 large rainwater butts, 1 was about 1/3 full and the other was totally empty. After some occasional and light rain the empty one is now nearly 1/2 full! It doesn't take long to harvest a bit of rainwater

I had to do another blood test today (fasting one for glucose and cholesterol) it only took 2 attempts and 2 phlebotomists, I really like to hang on to my blood!

The cats and dog seem a lot more comfortable in the cooler weather, they're probably sleeping better, I know I am!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #9

Well excellent day I finaly got into the garden to tidy up big time without having to point from a garden chair. At the same time as toing and froing to the house to put in then hang out 4 machines of washing... including stripping the beds plus standing and ironing it all...and not feel a twinge......12 weeks tomorrow.

15 green bags put out for recycling and the garden looks good. I feel great.

Oh oldies ahd a great time at MM appears they made there way up one street found a cafe and stayed there had pot of tea and then pottered around the market found the PorkPie factory, brought 3 one for BIL one for Brother one for them. (I hate it) back to cafe for another pot of tea and dinner then round for a few bits and pieces then back to cafe for tea then home.

Catsey Veteran

13-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #10

I have had a reflexology foot massage from my chiropodist this afternoon. My feet feel wonderful, but I had to go and lie down because I felt so sleepy and I slept all the rest of the afternoon. OH (who feels better now) woke me for supper.

I've had that reaction to acupuncture before. Does anyone know if it's usual for reflexology?