Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
12-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #1

Rainy Monday

Well its raining here. Nice light rain but constant ie good for the plants.

Not doing much today......cutting Dad's hair - they are off on a trip to Melton Mowbray tomorrow on a coach.........gets them out and about something they have not done much of because of Ops etc. Also they have booked a holiday in Great Yarmouth (I think) in Oct...after Mom's next cataract Op.

Anyhow as I say not doing much today air cutting and a bit of shopping.

Booked a test drive in a Ford KA and Fiesta for Friday - looking at my next car.......I want a fun/nice drive and the right size (supermini) and hope to get a decent deal before VAT goes up.
Like the look of the new design KA and fiesta so not sure what to expect drive wise. Also looking at booking a test drive in a Mazda2, Nissan Micra and VW Polo as well. See which one suits me....then a good bargain.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #2

Re: Rainy Monday

Morning Kazz, its beautiful here, all the animals a lying about trying to find a cool spot..
Nothing much happening here, had a day out yesterday, so needing to catch up with the housework....
Have a good day everyone..

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
12-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #3

Just back from my last go at IV antibiotics and have to say the sun is shining and the cats are looking for cool spots just have to pick up Sunny and Sky from their sleepover with Max and Ice and then off to Doctors for wound dressing I got bitten last Sunday night and woke up with an ankle 5 times the size of normal covered in blsiters and am currently wearing fetching toweling mule slippers in purple but hope to progress to white mules to day!

The Clan are hale and hearty and enjoying the weather long may it continue as their daddy is away for 2 weeks and Sweetie and I are in charge!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #4

Hi all, Cloudy and humid, a bit cooler @ 26 C (78 F), t'storms probable in the afternoon. We could use more rain, but not the pyrotechnics!

Lazy day, slept in and not doing much of anything; library not open this morning; will go tomorrow as I missed Saturday.

Liz, sorry to hear your news, how did you get bitten? Stay cool, Moli, Kazz, good luck car hunting.

Taje care ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #5

After a gloomy start to the day, weather here has perked up again and it's hot and windy. We had a few drops of rain, not enough to wet your whistle!

We had a problem with a nasty smell in the "link" this morning - that's an enclosed area that goes from the back of our kitchen to MIL's "apartment". I won't go into details about what it might have been in the past, but it had liquified whatever it was in and around the compressor area of our chiller. Had to clear that out - OH says as the chiller has been well and truly ruined and some bits of it were chewed too, we will treat ourselves to a new freezer and have a drinks chiller on the top. Well, the old chiller was over 25 years old! It was great for keeping beer in, and wild bird food, but that's about all. Was originally developed as a vegetable chiller but that was a disaster and the manufacturers sold them off cheap to their staff. Not a great loss and we will have somewhere to put down runner beans and carrots etc.

MIL had a new MMSE test this morning and only scored 13 out of 30. We knew she was deteriorating and she was very confused when the memory nurse arrived. She thinks she is in the army and living in barracks - or, well, she did this morning. Must go now, as I hear her wandering about again. She's always bad when OH is playing golf!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
12-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #6

Funny old day here, warm and cloudy, dark grey thunderclouds one minute, next blue sky and white fluff

Clothes on the line and not a breath of wind, heavy air.

Posh quite warm and fed up, she's been in most of the day but just now gone over to our neighbours to cool off in long grass. She could just as well lie on our lawn as it's beginning to resemble a meadow MUST get and cut it soon. No exciting stuff today, just TESCO and a trip to the recycling area to dump an old printer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #7

Feeling a bit sad today, problems with eldest son, he's gone back to his Dad's, such a shame after a nice day yesterday.
Malaika appeared under the weather and didn't greet me when i arrived home from work.
Fortunately she seems fine now, has eaten and enjoyed her walk.
Can't decide wether to go to yoga tonight or just chill in front of the tv.
Angie sorry to hear your MIL is deteriorating, it must be awful for you all to cope with.
Tom and Jerry clammering for food now, must go.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #8

Bad luck about the chiller, Angie, but now you have an excuse to get a new one. MIL is getting worse day by day, isn't she? So sorry, I can imagine how difficult it's getting

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
12-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #9

Hi all - day started wet, had a warm dry spell and is now clouding over again.

Sorry your MIL is getting worse angieh 13 is not a great score.

One of our working dogs has had an emergency trip to the vet today. Her temp was 108!!!! Vet has no idea what is wrong. She has a strong pulse but her breathing is very crackly. She has to be kept cool and has had numerous jabs and pills. Strange as she was fine yesterday, she is 12 years old and always been fit as a fiddle.

Hope the ankle swelling goes down Liz - sounds nasty.

Shelley - shame about your son, families huh.

Kazz I like the new Ka - don't know what it's like to drive tho'.

PP our lawn is half meadow / half lawn - I really need to tackle it as well.

Enjoy the rest of the day peeps.