Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #1

So Its Saturday

Well its Saturday again..............a lovely day here.

Everyone have fun and enjoy. Its Summer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
10-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #2

Re: So Its Saturday

I don't really like the heat too much, I have northerner DNA and find sun and heat somewhat "alien" but I have to admit it is lovely to have a "proper" summer

I'm getting very fed up at all the nanny state warnings about the sun and its effects. Keep out of the midday sun, wear loose clothing, protect your skin, drink plenty of fluids etc. etc. honestly! we know these things already. We're not stupid!! (well, I mean to say there are some stupid people out there but surely even they have picked up the message by now!) parents taught us these things while raising and protecting us. We get these warnings every bloomin' weather forecast, news report, newspaper headlines etc. Sorry! I don't usually rant but as you can tell, I'm fed up with our intelligence being insulted!

Enjoy the day, the body needs vitamin D (in moderation of course, don't overdo exposure to the sun, wear a hat, use high factor suncream.....................)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #3

Oh dear MrsH they've certainly got your rag up!!!

Only 22C here atm, so quite nice outside with a bit of a breeze. I'm sitting here on Catsey indoors with my sun hat on - just realised!!! Picked gooseberries this morning and have put down our first fruit vodka this morning. Bit of a chance here because they are ordinary not dessert variety, but we went for it - can always add some extra sugar! Have enough left to combine with some apples for an apple pie too ........ naughty, but nice.

Squiffy has been for a late breakfast or brunch and I put up a poster at the farm shop. Will do Co-op tomorrow.

Yesterday afternoon when OH was at golf, MIL sat down on the sofa instead of her easy-rise chair. Could I get her up???? Had to go and get my neighbour to help. The husband of the woman who came around on the war path about Squiffy a while ago. Anyway, he managed to get MIL up and we got her into her chair and as he was leaving, he noticed Squiffs stretched out in the kitchen under a chair. "Looks like he's adopted you" he said, rather kindly I thought seeing as his wife blames Squiff for the passing of her cat Joe. Seems her husband takes a more measured view! Nice man.

Have a good day all. Don't forget that sun hat ...........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
10-07-2010, 03:26 PM   #4

Hot here but no sun , just thick clouds and heeaatt! ... pant pant! exhausting, been over to Abergavenny and it was hot n sunny there this morning so did get a few rays.
Cooling off indoors now and watching Superman on telly, with Marlon Brando & Chris Reeve, he was so good as SM, yes, I did believe a man could fly

Enjoy the sun and and be sensible, Mrs H I agree with you, info overload, and not applicable everywhere ...

Angie, Squiffy is yours! he voted with his feet. Get him denutted and if he calms down, happy days!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #5

IT'S RAINING! Finally, we've had 1.08" so far, a slow steady soaking rain, exactly what we need, everything was parched. Much cooler 22 C (72 F) but very humid. Normally I'd be whinging about not being able to make my library run (hate going out in rain), but not today.

MrsH, couldn't agree more about the info overload! A a cold hater it amuses me that they don't warn us to dress in layers, wear adequate protection from the bitter cold, etc. in Winter. Why are we suddenly stupid in the Summer?

OK, people, have good Saturday, stay hydrated and use your SPF liberally