Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-10-2006, 09:01 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Wednesday

Morning everyone!
It's a horrible dark, dismal, wet morning here........ definately not 'get up and go' weather

We are out shortly to pick up Katie and Jamie to take them out for a few hours. We'll probably take them in somewhere for lunch while we 're out, they always look on that as a special treat!

Hubby doesn't feel too good today, he has a 'gravel pit' throat and sore chest.....most likely picked it up from the kiddies last Sunday No doubt
he'll smile his way through the day though!

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-10-2006, 09:33 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Wednesday

dark and dismal here too
Different next week when the clocks change - but it will be dark at 5.30pm - hateful!
Off to the parents, see you later maybe. Have a good, if dull, day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #3

Horrible here too raining and miserable actually off to take the rubbish round the skip (I've emptied the shed) taking Katie and Sophie to the pictures this afternoon to see step up" about gymnastics I think if it eases up weather wise inbetween then may take the girls out for a walk if not they'll have to wait. Not that they are keen on venturing out they are fast asleep on the sofa.

Hope you all have a good day, Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
25-10-2006, 01:54 PM   #4

Horrible day here too, hasn't stopped raining. I am off work from school this week, and I have a stinking cold. Working nights tonight though, but don't feel like it. Needs must. Keeing myself busy doing some cleaning and checking in on Catsey every now and again!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #5

Thought the rain may get lighter but it appears to have got heavier having to brave it now though - wish me luck.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #6

We have a fine drizzle going on here. Have been up to have my dressing changed and hurrah . . . the wound has closed over. The nurse says it's still very fragile but certainly on the mend. A HUGE sign of relief about that!!

The boiler is not so good. It's the heat exchanger which is a very pricey part. just waiting for the guy to call with price/availability. Hubby reckons it'll be close on into 4 figures Still, a new boiler will be almost 2K. I'm really panicking as that a real unforseen expense!!

Am getting closer on the malfunctioning freezer too. Spent most of the morning bending the manufacturer's ear. Still haven't got anyone to come out to fix it, but we're making progress.

I'm not good at stress at the moment and I have to deal with it all as hubby is snowed under at work and really can't spare the time to help. Poor thing's doing very long hours at the mo.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
25-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #7

Glad to hear you are on the mend at last Yola, kids who'd have 'em! lol! Keeping my fingers crossed about the boiler for you and the freezer.

Wet, cold and windy here today. Not nice venturing out weather, but out I had to go to try and get some stuff for Raechels big day tomorrow. She's only having 3 friends over for a sleepover (thank you God!) otherwise it would have had to be cancelled, but I got in some pizza and munchies for them all to have while watching a video.

OH had to move some slabs from next door neighbours garden to ours. They moved yesterday and said we could have them if we wanted, and we have been after some for ages, so that was good of them. Finishing off tidying the house and trying to paint a cupboard we have upstairs so it can come down into the living room so OH can finally get his fish tank set up (only taken 6 months lol).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
25-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #8

Its dark and wet here, been out for lunch a carvary near Bath it was yummy, may look into it for our Wedding Venue x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #9

What a day! 52 mile journey - best part of two hours both ways, rain, rain, rain and more rain. Awful. Never mind, am home and dry now, the crumblies were in good form and mum and I had a nice lunch out. The pub had the fire on (only a gas pretend log one but it was really nice to look at)
Good forecast for tomorrow and Friday. Hoorah!
Yola - it wouldn't be helpful for me to ask 'you haven't got a boiler maintenance contact then?' I suppose . Hope it works out without being as dramatic/expensive as it sounds now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-10-2006, 08:05 PM   #10

Bright, sunny and cold today: 49 degrees, wind chill only 42! Just the usual trip to market, staying inside where it's nice & warm with the papers, crossword and CD's. Leia dozing on the radiator cover as usual. Yola: glad you're healing; sorry about the boiler and freezer, what a bummer! Have a nice evning, all!