Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #1

I'm back 600lts + later

Well its been added to the front garden, the left hand side of the garden 600ltrs +...........myself. Lugged by my own fair (well dirty) hands.
Compost 5 bags of 60ltr, excellent stuff from a really good nursey that does their own in lovely 60ltr black bags like really good topsoil its got a gorgeous smell and run your fingers through it and its great.
And 4 bags of 75ltr banded soil improver/manure, dug in first.

It does look good though.not got my camera as I have lent them both to Di (my sister) as they have gone to Scotland for my BIL's, sisters baby sons christening.

You'll have to take my word for it though,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #2

Re: I'm back 600lts + later

Dear God, Kazz, the mere idea of lugging 60 lb bags of compost makes my back go out in sympathy! What a job! But worth it, that's going to be great for the garden.

Catsey Veteran

29-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #3

My back is now joining your back... post traumatic stress I think. Ta for the sympathy its needed.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-03-2009, 05:51 PM   #4

That's a lot of compost to lug around Kazz, I'm sure your garden will appreciate it more than your back will tomorrow!

Well done for the effort!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
29-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #5

WOW Kazz that is alot of compost to be lugging around but it will do your garden a world of good.
Is it time now for a few glasses of wine and feet up time

Catsey Veteran

29-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #6

I don't drink but am looking at the garden now and thinking "yes that looks good"

Oh good news the cuttings from my Sundance (now no longer with us) as I dug it out have taken and been planted in today got five cuttings that have taken. 3 have been planted out today baby Sundances....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #7

It's very satisfying when you look back at all your hard work isn't it ......makes the aches and pains worthwhile.

Great news that your Sundance lives on in your cuttings, that was a good idea of yours...

Catsey Veteran

29-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
It's very satisfying when you look back at all your hard work isn't it ......makes the aches and pains worthwhile.

Great news that your Sundance lives on in your cuttings, that was a good idea of yours...

Yes took the cuttings last year when I thought of cutting him back/out...took 20 cuttings....but only 5 have survived and made into baby sundances.... ...saw in the garden centre the other week sundances about a year on from mine (although saying that mine are were in pots until today) now in the garden so they may grow on better and they wanted about £9 a plant...Woah......to that have really got a love for dividing and taking cuttings now got some cuttings of my Pierrrrrrrrrrries ....and divded my poppies, and this year will divide the flocks.... I mean Alex had some of my cuttings/dividings and they took and hopefuly will want a few more this year I seem to be a bit overrun....Alex
are you listening...........
The rescued acer is starting to leaf out and he's red and called "Merlin" because he is a bit magical like his namesake, Yes he was named in memory of Merlin....and because I like the name, and my Cornwall break.

Catsey Veteran

29-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #9

Sorry about the extended Pierrrrrrrrrrries never noticed till just Sal dumped her Kong on the keyboard....