Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #31

Re: jake not well today

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
My field is people health so perhaps I should not really comment - however, this is about cats and they are special so here goes:

All the comments made here are excellent advice. I have seen children go down hill very quickly when dehydrated, yet get them on fluids or a drip and they can perk up very quickly. It would be unusual to give a child several injections without knowing what was going on and without bloods (at least) being done you only get part of the picture. As you probably know, symptoms such as not eating can be attributed to many conditions, (IBD / impacted bowel / viral infection etc) so guesswork is a minefield. My wife always says that docs are preoccupied with bowels rightly so, constipation and or diarrhoea can be useful indicators so should always be taken seriously, especially when there are other symptoms such as a high temp.

Did the vet explain what the injections were? (my guess would be vitamins and antibiotics / antiviral). Fingers crossed that he continues to eat and gain weight.
Do comment, James, I find them very interesting and helpful. I was always told that constipation and diarrhea are symptoms of something else wrong, not diseases per se.