Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-01-2009, 08:24 AM   #1

Daily~Thursday...

Morning all, I am ready and waiting for my sister to pick me up at 8, for the Airport....Thankfully my back is much better...
Looking forward to going home and seeing my babies... Hope all the poorly ones feel better soon......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
15-01-2009, 08:43 AM   #2

Re: Daily~Thursday...

Morning Moli,
Glad your back is feeling a bit better.
Off to work in a little while, armed with my tuna puree which I've just made! We have a little cat in with a fractured jaw after an RTA so I'm hoping she'll be able to lap it up.
Cold, wet, windy and still very dark here today, hope it'll brighten up soon. Have a good day all.
Lx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
15-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #3

Wet and windy old day today by the looks of it, still very dark outside, the street lights give an orange glow all around.
My cold is drying up now, but my nose is sore and the cough persists. I'm going off to work in a few minutes and have to wrap up warm against the elements, fingers crossed the car starts up first time. She's been a bit tempermental of late!

Moli, safe journey home. Liz, hope the poor puss with the #jaw enjoys the tuna puree

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
15-01-2009, 10:05 AM   #4

morning all. ive not long crawled out of bed. i know lazy bones. but i took my meds quite late last night. plus after having quite a long day yesterday i just zonked right out.
and ill have to do today is go n pick up my meds from the chemist and thats it,
weather wise here its dull n over cast. oh goodie. but notice theres a bit of a breeze so will put the washing up for a few hours (it might dry a bit)
have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #5

Weather much the same here; breezy and dull with rain in the air if not exactly falling out of the sky!

Much to do in the office - finish of writing a website and then write some information for one of our sales people who's really been dragging his heels. I'm going to GIVE him what he needs to say on the phone to prospects in order to help him get his finger out.

Both OH and I are feeling a bit ick this morning; he's got a headache and is shakey and I've got a headache and am feeling a little sick. Might be something to do with the 5am wake up call from Sebastian . . . .

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
15-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #6

Morning all! Hope all the poorly people feel better soon! Sometimes the dregs of the cold are the worst bit as you've got to get back to work and carry on but you still feel icky.

I'm aching after the gym last night but gotta make muscle tone tonight, which is going to leave my muscles even more achey but it's a good ache! I feel like after a week and a half I've already got a bit more definition so that's encouraging

Not much planned for the coming weekend. Might head into town and browse the shops, we'll see. The weather is a lot warmer, which I like, as long as the rain holds off. It was quite windy this morning, but when its a warm wind I actually enjoy it. Very wild and stormy, it's fun! (again, if there's no rain!)

Hope everyone feels better and has a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #7

Afternoon! Sunny but bitterly cold still; worst outbreak of Arctic air in 10 years according to the weather people. It's now -7 at about 11:30 am and the wind chill a nasty -14! At least it's sunny. No shopping today, not going out in this unless I really really have to. And my bi-weekly grocery delivery is due this afternoon so will be set for a bit; this is supposed to last thru the Inauguration Tuesday. So, no news whatsoever here. Hope all the poorly people feel better and the little cat enjoys her tuna puree! Have a safe trip, Moli!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
15-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #8

Afternoon all. It's been chucking it down here all day, forgot my water proof trousers, so got totally soaked to the skin
Home now and had a lovely hot shower, Eva is whinging to get out but she hates to get wet, have opened the back door several times to show her, think she thinks I can make it stop if i put my mind to it .
I'm obviously just not trying hard enough

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
15-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #9

It's hard to believe but I actually went back into work today! There have been some enforced changes to the timetable and they ended up with a couple of Spanish lessons that they couldn't cover so they gave me a call. I'm not hugely thrilled about it but they were in a bit of a hole and it's less than 2 hours a week, keeps my hand in I suppose.

The response from some of the kids was funny, some were genuinly pleased to see me, some were asking if I remembered them (it's not been that long!) one or two were astonished that I'd returned after having successfully escaped and then there was the rascal who was overheard to say "I thought she'd died!"

(Whisper it quietly but I quite enjoyed myself )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #10

Funny how differently people react. About a year after I retired the office was in a real bind so the manager called and asked if I'd come in and work the next day. So of course I did..... and was never so happy to be retired. Never again, didn't miss it at all!

I loved the kids reactions, especially the one who thought you'd died!