Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: BENGAL, SIAMESE, DEVON & CORNISH RE
29-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #1

Hi everyone, can anyone help? It's a long story.....

Hi, this is a long story and at the end I am hoping there is someone who can help.... Back in 99 my husband and I bought 2 Bengals Tasha & Trooper. Sadly my husband died in 2000 and in 01 I moved house. After 3 months my male (Trooper) went missing, despite my spending £100's advertising and him being microchipped he wasn't to be found and to compound the sadness Tasha then was killed in 02 on the rural road outside my house.
After a few months I then bought 2 Siamese and next year the female was killed on the road. After this I had a freedom fence fitted (wish I had done this earlier, still would have had both Bengals, ain't hindsight wonderful).
Anyway I then bought a Devon Rex and ended up taking a Cornish Rex that need re-homing as well and these 2 and my Siamese got on so well.
Fast forward to Oct 09 and I get a phone call from the RSPCA Radcliffe-on- Trent saying they had found my Tabby cat hanging around a farmyard " What tabby cat? Not mine" sez I, "Well he's chipped and registered to you" they said - Trooper had been found after 8 years! He even made the Feb 10 issue of My Cat magazine!
But now the sad part, I need to re-home Trooper. 2 of my cats hate him, a spraying war started and Troops is so unhappy. I have spent a fortune at the vets with various pills to calm things down, done all the usual stuff, slow introductions, Feliway diffusers (which got sprayed on), Rescue Remedy, tablets. The behaviourist said he was weeing on my lap because he was stressed and wanted to keep the others away from me. He wants some where where he is the only cat and can get all the attention. He is very sweet, does as he is told, doesn't pester for food at the table, although anything is fair game if you leave the room! It's breaking my heart and I don't want to let him go, especially after getting him back after all these years, but I feel he would be happier in a 1 cat household. I am on the Yorks/ Derbyshire border, can anyone help please?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #2

Re: Hi everyone, can anyone help? It's a long story.....

That is such a sad story Nelia, quite apart from poor Trooper being so unhappy and not able to fit back into your household. What a shame.

I am afraid that I cannot help, quite apart from living a long way away from you, but I do wish you all the very best in finding a loving home for Trooper - he deserves it. What a shame he can't let you know where he's been for all those years.

Cats owned: BENGAL, SIAMESE, DEVON & CORNISH RE
29-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #3

Re: Hi everyone, can anyone help? It's a long story.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
That is such a sad story Nelia, quite apart from poor Trooper being so unhappy and not able to fit back into your household. What a shame.

I am afraid that I cannot help, quite apart from living a long way away from you, but I do wish you all the very best in finding a loving home for Trooper - he deserves it. What a shame he can't let you know where he's been for all those years.
many thanks Angie, yes I wish I knew who had "kept" him and not done the right thing by taking him to the vets to be scanned, he would have been back with me sooner. The unhappiness they have caused not to mention the cost....I am just so grateful to the farmer who took him to the RSPCA when he found him hanging around his farm.