Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Moggy kitten
29-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #1

Hello!

I don't know how many people (if any) will remember me from Dogsey - it's been a long time since I posted there!
I now moderate on an equestrian forum which takes up a lot of my time, but I thought it was time to join a cat forum as we're about to have a new arrival

Anyway, I'm Sez and I'm owned by my mad menagerie - the biggest consumers of my free time are two lurchers, Ella and Roux and my two horses, Salsa and River. We also have a French lop buck, Bandit (we lost our doe, Fable, just before Christmas) and a Tawny owl.

It's been a long time since I had cats. Until I was nineteen, I always had two cats and a dog. I was two when my mum brought home two moggy kittens, and my gorgeous boys lived until they were sixteen and seventeen. When I left home, I felt berefit without a cat in my life, and took on two black and white rescued queens, one adult of unknown breeding and one Siamese-cross kitten. Unfortunately, I was forced to rehome them, along with my dog, when I moved into a rented property, paid a small fortune in deposits and moving costs only to have the landlady change her mind about pets Even after I bought my own house, a cat or dog wasn't an option as my then-husband wasn't keen on them.
After we separated, I met my now-fiancé and after six months of living together, we got Ella and then Roux the following year, and now we're taking the plunge into cats again!

Soooo... the bit everyone is really interested in - our new kitten! We did discuss taking a pair from the same litter (a surprise litter at the yard where my horses live) but missed out. We'd spent some time in serious discussion about a cat or kitten and the logistics of adding a feline to our household. Somehow, I managed to hold off going to visit the kittens until last night when we'd made a decision (I knew I'd just fall in love otherwise!), where we were chosen by the remaining little boy, who took a real shine to my OH and didn't mind having a snuggle with me, while his sister ran around like a tornado! Literally just after we'd left to talk it over, I got a call to say that someone had enquired about the remaining kitten, but we could have the first choice, so we went for the boy

He's currently nine weeks old, mostly black with a sort of ghost tabby pattern in chocolate brown, a white flash between his eyes, white bib and tummy and four white mittens, and the most surprised expression I've ever seen! His name is Rigsby at the moment, but we'll wait until we get him home and let him settle in before we pick out a new name for him.
The next three weeks are going to be very long ones indeed, as I've asked if we can collect him on July 24th, as we're away in Essex from the 17th July and it didn't seem fair to take him away from the home he knows to leave him with a pet sitter so soon. So expect lots of over-excited "can't wait to collect him!" posts!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #2

Re: Hello!

Hello Sez! You can't wait for that kitten to arrive? Neither can I!!! Photos please just as soon as you can. Would love to see pictures of your lurchers too when you have a moment! Nice to meet you.

29-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #3

Just for Angie - my doggets!

Ella

and Roux

And what they do best

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #4

Thanks Sez! That last photo is amazing - still not quite sure what's going on ...............

29-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #5

That last one makes my eyes water if I try to look at it for too long! It was taken in autumn 2008, at the field where we kept our horses at the time. The dogs used to spend hours chasing each other around in circles and wrestling, then got back in the car at the end of it all, dripping with mud!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #6

Hello Sez, a warm welcome to Catsey!

Thank you for your great introduction!

Looking forward to hearing more about your new kitten when you get him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #7

Hi and welcome! Look forward to chatting and seeing pics of the little new one!