Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Bengal
Azz is Male
14-12-2004, 05:28 PM   #31

Re: Worried....

Aww Mags *hugs* I am sure they are doing everything they can.

Might be an idea to ask them or to suggest their may be a hair blockage as the guys above have said, cos if it is it needs to be clear before she will feel any better? Also, have they checked for any poisons? Maybe she ate a mouse or sommin that ate some? She might need a specific antibody for that. But I gues they would have thought of that as you told her she is an outdoor cat.

Hope she gets well soon and Im sure seeing you will give her a big boost.
Try not to worry as you gotta look after yourself as well.
xxx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-12-2004, 07:34 PM   #32

Thanks Abbi.

Azz, I'll mention about the hair again tomorrow but I would have thought they'd have considered that as I'd already told them yesterday. Worth another go though. Also I assume they would have thought of poisons.
Can't wait to see her tomorrow!

Catsey Veteran

14-12-2004, 07:36 PM   #33

I bet she will be so glad to see you!!!

Global Moderator

14-12-2004, 07:55 PM   #34

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Is owned by Persians
14-12-2004, 11:39 PM   #35

Mags im so sorry,but it sounds like shes getting the best.The scan should come up with something as this is much clearer than xray,they can pick up so much scanning.Bringing in a scanner means they can rule things out so much quicker.
Never assume anything with vets even if you have to keep repeating yourself as sometimes its the little things that dont get noticed.They are there for YOU not the other way round.Thinking of you Sam

Global Moderator

15-12-2004, 02:56 PM   #36

Thanks Sam!

Well, the latest on Cassie is a very slight improvement overnight as they got her to eat a tiny piece of chicken. She still has a temperature and a very tense stomach. They've increased her analgesic pain killers and she's still on the drip and antibiotics.

They are now thinking it could be pancreatitis and want to keep her in at least another 24hours to monitor her.
We're going in to see her later on today, I shall be interested to see how she reacts when she sees us.

Catsey Veteran

15-12-2004, 03:04 PM   #37

awwww poor baby! It's good news that she ate a little. poor thing must be hungry. Let us know how you get on Mags.

Abbi x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
15-12-2004, 09:34 PM   #38

Awww Mags {{{{hugs}}}}

I'm sure she'll perk up when she see's you

Global Moderator

15-12-2004, 10:36 PM   #39

Been in to see Cassie and at first she didn't take any notice of us. But after a few rubs around her neck she crawled over to us. She had some tuna in her bowl so I offered it to her and she looked really interested at first but then she just turned her head away. It seems she's hungry but refuses it. Her leg is bandaged up with a red (chrismassy?) crepe bandage and the drip doesn't seem to bother her. She looks quite comfortable laying on a sheepskin blanket.......and I felt a lot better after seeing her.
Just have to wait for tomorrows report now.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Bengal
Azz is Male
15-12-2004, 10:54 PM   #40

Aww glad she looks comfortable at least. I'm sure she'll be fine, may have just got a throat infection? would explain the temp and loss fo appetite?

xx