Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-12-2004, 12:04 PM   #1

Worried....

I'm so worried about Cassie at the moment. She was sick Friday night, watery with a bit of fur in it. Then Saturday morning she managed to climb into a large box in the bedroom and has been there ever since. She hasn't eaten or drank anything. Also she hasn't been to the toilet since Friday night. She doesn't attempt to sit up at all and I've felt her all over to see if she is in pain anywhere but she seems ok that way.

I've just steamed her some fish to try to tempt her to eat but she's just not interested. I don't know what else I can do for her.

I'm going to ring the vet for an appointment tomorrow.......why do these things always seem to happen on a weekend when everything is closed?

Sorry to go on but I'm really worried about her.

Catsey Veteran

12-12-2004, 01:38 PM   #2

Re: Worried....

Oh Mags, I do understand, your doing the right thing by getting her to the vets asap, does she go out? I would keep her in until you get her to the vets.

Just keep her warm and check on her every so often leave some fish and water by her side.

We are all thinking of you keep us posted.

xxxx

Global Moderator

12-12-2004, 02:25 PM   #3

Thanks Abbi!
She's still the same. Usually when I carve the joint she appears at my side for 'tasters' but there was no sign of her today. Do you think I should lift her out of the box and try her in her litter tray as I'm concerned that she hasn't done anything since Friday?

Catsey Veteran

12-12-2004, 03:44 PM   #4

Yeah maybe and give her a good feel all over - put the litter tray next to her in the room she is in and maybe take the box away?

Let me know Mags x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-12-2004, 04:27 PM   #5

Has she got a temperature? - are her ears hot?

Maybe she would drink some cooled fish broth?

I'm sure a trip to the vets tomorrow is the right thing. Hope a dose of antibiotoc will sort her out.

Global Moderator

12-12-2004, 06:12 PM   #6

Her ears are cold DM and I've just tried her with some fish broth but she just isn't interested. Thanks for your suggestions anyway.

I put her in her litter tray Abbi, but still nothing. She stepped out of it ok so I think her legs are alright.
Can't wait to get her to the vet tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

12-12-2004, 06:16 PM   #7

Keep us informed Mags, do hope she is ok, I'll be at work tomorrow but will keep logging in to see if she is ok. It's weird that it's all of a sudden and no real symptoms apart from her being sick once?

Thinking of you.

Abbi x

Global Moderator

12-12-2004, 06:37 PM   #8

Thanks Abbi, I'll let you know how we get on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
12-12-2004, 07:16 PM   #9

Awww {{{{hugs}}}} Mags.

I hope your vet can sort the problem for you

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Is owned by Persians
12-12-2004, 08:03 PM   #10

Mags you mentioned that she coughed up water and hair.Sounds to me that she is packed out with hair.All cats suffer from this including shorthaired cats.She will need to see vet who can giver her somthing to help pass this through.You can get hairball remedy which is good stuff.just rub on feet and they lick it off.Another thing that will help is offering her grass.Yes i know sounds daft but grass contains various things including a laxative that cleans there system out.Most will readly eat it if they need it.This will make her sick but its natures way of dealing with things.Because my Persians are house bound and can suffer hairballs they are offered grass weekly.We dont get hairballs anymore.
It may not be this problem but it was just a thought
I hope she feels beeter soon
sam