Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #11

Re: Quick cat update.

I just don't know what to say except God bless you and your OH for what you do!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
07-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #12

Thanks, its very kind of everybody but I honestly don't write this for praise.
On a selfish level it helps me think things through and get input from other cat lovers, as well as know there are others out there who appreciate how I feel. I also hope it may help somebody at some point, even in some cases if it is just to realise no matter how hard you try, you can't work miracles.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-06-2010, 11:03 PM   #13

Farthing . thanks for the update, i hope Mallow goes on alright at the vets. Poor little rabbit has had the good fortune to come to you.

Catsey Veteran

08-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #14

A better day of vet visits today.

Mallow is having a phantom pregnancy and producing milk, we have to wait for her to get over this and then get her speyed.

Misty has lost a little weight, but that could have been the lunch she threw up in the car on the way down. Her blood pressure is borderline, so the vet wants to check it in a months time but not start any medication yet.

Spice has put on weight!
She was 2.15 a month ago and is now 2.3, I am so chuffed. Her blood pressure is slighty up on last time but is still within the normal range.

So feeling a bit more positive tonight- if I could only sort out Jimmy and Fluffy- I'd be happy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #15

Great news about Spice, and hope it was just the whoopsed up lunch for Misty!.

Catsey Veteran

08-06-2010, 11:20 PM   #16

Good news for Mallow and Spice, hopefuly Misty will be ok too.
How is Mallow's eye now?

Catsey Veteran

11-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #17

Mallow's eye is fine now Shelley, and she is feisty little madam- hormone induced we think. The vets think she has been dumped because of this. I just don't understand why somebody would dump an animal when there are other options out there.

Catsey Veteran

11-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #18

Helga went to the vets today and it was a mixed result. She hasn't lost any weight ( although she hasn't increased either). She doesn't have FIV/Felv or any organ/ diabetes problems, but still has a urine infection. She has been given a convenia injection because she gets very stressed with tablets- due partially to having a broken jaw and prolapsed eye after a car accident many years ago.
Poor girl, you an see her jaw is squint. WE are also going to try her on a prescription diet for urine problems- but she is on a good wet food and was only getting 2 sachet a day ( 2 X 100gms) so I can't believe she hasn't lost anything, the vet was pleased to hear she has started t play ( lying on her back and catching the toy ) but at least she is more willing!

Misty got her first acupuncture session and Jimmy will get his first one next Tuesday, when Spice is in. I do hope they respond because meds are a best avoided due to their renal problems and it would be nice if it made them comfortable without compromising their organ function.

Catsey Veteran

11-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #19

Farthing i am so pleased Mallow's eye is better, maybe you could post a pic , when you have time