Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: maine coon? norweigen forest ??
shimmy is Male
23-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #1

Kitten not eating

Hi guys some of you may know who i,m on about, Tigger not seem to be eating much. He seems to wanna eat Boycey,s food and visa versa funnily enough. Anyways tiggs always had his fod in a different place to Boycey when i got tiggger he seemed to eat quite alot but its slowed down consideribily now, i put it down to the heat tbh but it concerns me. Due to miowing a bit because he knows what a garden is i,m finding it hard to tell if it different food he needs/wants or he just 'voiceing his opinion' about garden.

food i,ve got for him is wet, Whiskers from tesco,s in pouches box of 24 a mix of varity flavours.

Any quality food to recommend for little one to start the appetite again ? I,ll buy what he needs ££ no issue when it comes to me cats

thanks for reading any advice is much appreciated

Mike

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
23-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #2

Re: Kitten not eating

Hi Mike, how old is the kiten? When did he last eat? Has he eaten anything at all since? Is he drinking? Is he toileting ok?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #3

Is he on kitten food or adult food? Kitten food is formulated for the growing cat. Could it be that he's eating more of Boycey's food than you think? And yes, as Elaine has asked, drinking and toileting normally?

Meowing? He could just be a talkative cat....

Catsey Junior

shimmy is Male
23-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #4

hi thanks, he has eaten boyceys food yes probably more than i think but haven,t put much down for boycey either as he not eating that much either(understandable )

Just looked at the water and he has drunk from it (visibly) and i have tried our milk just to see if he took to it . not much just a small plate few drops only...

He seems to using the toilet but maybe not as much , not 100% sure as ive not been in much to see , been outside front cleaning cars tho so not been far.

I maybe a bit overkill on this but i definately know he,s eating less than 2 weeks ago . gonna get him same biscuits as before n try that , and take him for the injection he is due and check him out same time

mike

sorry, he has eaten today, small amount probably stretching to 1 sache , he is about 15-16 weeks, i,ll double check with previous owner about that. He seems fine saying all this, might be not as energetic as when i got him 1st of all , and maybe im just mis judging that now he,s settling in and making his way etc. Plus all that he now been and got told who,s boss around here , maybe it just a phase within himself or the heat and the fact he maybe having'thoughts' about this whole situ he is now in lololol . I do wholey believe they work on 'mind' levels similar to ours , way in advance they are imo

mike

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
23-05-2010, 09:27 PM   #5

It may well be the heat. I wouldnt worry too much as long as he is drinking, eating a little and toileting ok. The forecast says it's gonna be cooler over the next few days, so maybe just keep watch and see if his eating picks up a bit as it gets a bit cooler.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #6

Hope little Tigger is OK Mike - it is probably the heat as Elaine says. Just keep an eye on him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #7

And please don't give him milk ... most cats are lactose intolerant. You can get specially formulated cat milk if you want him to have some.

I do hope it's just the heat, Mike, that's making them both eat a bit peckish; glad he'll be seeing the vet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
23-05-2010, 10:30 PM   #8

I think as long as he is dringing and toiletting then I'd not overly worry for a few days or so. When he goes for his jab you could always ask the vet's opinion.

I agree the heat has probably slowed him down - I know it has me!!

Catsey Junior

shimmy is Male
24-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #9

hi and thanks for the replys i will definately keeping an eye on him , i didnt think the milk was a good idea but that day i got to a point where i thought i gotta give it a go just to see what happened........ he lapped the lot lol!!!

Just rung the vets , got an appoinment for 12.30 today how good is that . i,ll ask the vet if he,s seems in good health .
better get ready lol
mike

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #10

Oh Good Luck Mike - hope Tigger comes up with a clean bill of health.